Marvel vs. Capcom 3

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Post by Hierophant » February 23rd, 2011, 7:01 pm

Very nicely put together, Atarix. Having Luca there added to the international flavour, too. :friends:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » February 24th, 2011, 4:52 am

Yeah, the next time I could even add someone who just talks german, too :friends:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Review

Post by Incito » February 24th, 2011, 1:02 pm

I agree, I was a bit disappointed about the ability to select "simple" controls! Capcom just took out the need for any skill now and made it a button masher. HOWEVER, when I play online, there is still some very skilled players out there where they can use a strategy to do an ariel combo chaining all three of their characters. Real players of this series will be comfortable with the classic setup...which really is also different then the MvC2. There is just the Hard-Medium-Light-Special.......but you get used to it.

I could do without MORDOK too. wtf! Why Capcom?

MvsC2 s still the best, but this is not bad. My girl-friend and her friends find this game easy to pick up and they have fun. They have a bit of an advantage when they use simple controls and I use standard.....but that's not to say she can use standard either....I would just dominate if she did. So, simple mode is like setting a handicap.....that's how I see it.

Graphic are good and sorta feels like 2 but upgraded....however, the character spites are not as detailed as SF4.....which I think is what fans where expecting...the SF4 look and feel, but with the Marvel Characters added.

If I where to rate it from 1 to 10, I would give it an 8.
And, to put it in perspective, I would give Super SF4 a 9.5.

So, that means I you want a fighting game that you can enjoy, and you are a fan of the series, then pick it up.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 25th, 2011, 1:36 am

Cool review, mate. Heh heh... my reaction when I first saw MODOK during the stream; "What the hell is that jug with the face on it?!?!" :ohmy:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » February 25th, 2011, 2:29 am

All the footage i've seen of this game on youtube looks bad to me. It's like everyone is having problems with their capture cards or something... But I know that isn't the case.

Also the 'simple' controls thing is stupid. What were they THINKING? You can even use it online. A little too noob-friendly in my opinion. What you said about your girlfriend and her mates finding a benefit from it Chris, that's all fine and dandy, but they would be better off learning the standard controls so they can play other games like SF4 etc with you properly. It's not like the standard controls are super-hard (please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to disrespect your girl and her friends at all. I'm blaming Capcom). I can't remember which one we played in the MameAddicts high score challenge, but I just mashed buttons which resulted in me doing all kinds of cool stuff and I ended up almost beating the game.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » February 25th, 2011, 4:01 am

Nostalgia wrote: 1.) It's like everyone is having problems with their capture cards or something...
2.) Also the 'simple' controls thing is stupid. A little too noob-friendly in my opinion.
1.) In my chase (or my video) the short captured part of MVC3 was done through my "live-stream-equipment" in low res and adulterated colors (what comes from my broken real time "HD to SD" converter that I have to replace as soon as possible), but well, what you saw when you looked a bit arround was the actual real game grafics as I see it on my TV :smile:

2.) Yes, I agree on that... I don't have something against a simple mode to make games even playable for newcomers and beginners (or wifes and girlfriends ^^), but when you have to watch out that you don't do a special move by accident (because there is one on every button), then it becomes realy redicoulus.

IMO they should release a patch and add the classic controlls, too (so we would have three options to choose from) and restrikt the simple mode when you play Online, making it just available in "Offline" mode.

In this way we would not have a network full of "Buttonsmashing" kids without an Idea about how to play actually a fighting game, while in the same moment everyone would have a motivating beginner-mode for his wife/girfriend (they will never play Online anyway ^^) at home, when we want to try to convince them to play a bit with us :yes:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 25th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Simple, or Easy Mode has been part of the Vs. series for a long time, although there's normally some penalty for using it where certain powerful moves won't be available. The other penalty back then was that if you used Easy Mode you'd be laughed right outta the arcade.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » February 26th, 2011, 3:07 am

And we all know: "Back then everything was better...!" :rolleyes: