Funny Gamer Retro T-Shirt

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Funny Gamer Retro T-Shirt

Post by Atarix777 » November 15th, 2010, 7:55 am

I am a absolute "DESASTER" when it comes to grafics (with ultimative "PAINT" SKILLS :rofl: ) and so I have no Idea what you guy's r talking about...

However, I love Chris's post "2 super powers side by side"; we should def. use this as a slogan on our confraternity mug/shirt :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » November 15th, 2010, 9:12 pm

I'll try and explain, Atarix, since it's an important distinction to make for our gfx stuff.

RGB Colour: All my work so far has been done in the RGB format (Red, Green, Blue). Looks great on a screen but causes problems for printing.

CMYK Colour: This is what most printers use in their printing process. The CMYK format is four colour printing; Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black.

You can start to see the problem. No matter what you do, an RGB graphic is not gonna show the true colours of the original design in the CMYK printing. It will come close but never be perfect. For eg., with my mug it's most noticeable with the printing of the red parts. Compared to the original pure red on the lighter side of the arcade cab, the printed red is slightly more of a red brown.

I'm hoping that I can learn how to do proper CMYK projects in the Gimp program since it's more to similar to Photoshop than what I've been using all this time, which is Inkscape. It could end up being a lot for me to learn though, but worth it in the long run if I'm ever gonna make print friendly gfx.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » November 16th, 2010, 5:23 am

Ah, i understand - it was not that heavy as I expected :no:

Thx for the explaination... :smile: