Wii Power

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Wii Power

Post by Hierophant » May 6th, 2010, 3:02 am

While the Nintendo Wii may not have the graphical power of PS3 or 360, there's still plenty for fans to get excited about. The prospect of a new Metroid game has had me quivering in anticipation for months.

It looks like Metroid fans will have to remain patient for a bit longer though with the release date being pushed back to August 31. As reported at VGChartz Samus wasn't very happy about the delay.

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is an upcoming action shooter from Treasure.

In the same report S&P had it's release date amended to June 27. A monster became angry because of the delay.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Wii Power

Post by Nostalgia » May 6th, 2010, 7:23 am

Looks like an epic game :party:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 8th, 2010, 5:23 am

Speaking of epic, Capcom's Monster Hunter 3 Tri is the hottest new game for the Wii right now.

The game has the rare distinction of receiving a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu magazine which bolstered a warrior as he attacked this gigantic beast.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 12th, 2010, 9:02 pm

I lifted my No New Games embargo for Monster Hunter (supposed to be saving for a new PC but this game's awesomeness finally wore me down). Haven't had time to do much in the game yet, but so far it looks like Capcom rules the wastelands.

:thumbsup:

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » May 13th, 2010, 6:16 am

I am going to get that this weekend when Red Dead hits. We can be hunting buddies. lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 13th, 2010, 9:45 am

That could be on the cards, bro. I dunno how the high ping might affect gameplay between our countries but I've been working on getting my Wii online lately anyway.

:V:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » May 13th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Definitely looks worth the money hiero! That's a very epic game right there!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 13th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Yes, I think Capcom has created something really special with Monster Hunter. I'll make some time over the weekend to go for my first wander outside the village and hopefully not get killed by some rampaging beast. It's an interesting feeling at this point; fear for my new character's vulnerability coupled with curiosity about what I might find.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » May 14th, 2010, 7:27 am

I wouldn't worry about the distance too much. I play Mario Kart with a friend from highschool that lives in the Czech Republic. Nintendo has done a ton to fix their online game play. Monster Hunter is supposed to have the best online play of any game yet for the wii.

Also in case you don't know. This is not a hack and slash type game. Certain monsters require studying and the right tools to take down. There are some great vids on the monster hunter tri youtube page that show certain monsters.

I am looking forward to picking it up this weekend. I hope Red Dead Redemtpion does not overshadow what could be the greatest wii title to date. I will have trouble playing both. lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 14th, 2010, 11:12 am

Righto, that sounds promising. I got my Wii fully online now so there's one way to find out for sure how our intercontinental connection would go.

Im still in hack 'n' slash mode right now, but yeah, I've heard it gets pretty strategic later on.

Red Dead might be easier to get into so make sure to keep some time set aside specially for Monster Hunter!