Recommended Games Discussion

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Recommended Games Discussion

Post by Hierophant » July 20th, 2009, 9:16 am

Hierophant wrote:Just an update here about a new proviso I added to the intro of the Main Thread. I'll reprint it here:
Hierophant wrote:- DON'T bother covering any games with the PlayChoice or Mega-Tech/Mega Play sub-headings. These are not proper arcade games. They are basically NES and Mega Drive games.
I just remembered another Nintendo home console games for arcade system, Nintendo Super System, which was for a small selection of SNES games. As with Playchoice, Mega Play, and Mega Tech, even though they are all emulated in MAME I don't view them as being fit for entry in Recommended MAME Games because they all originate from home consoles, not arcades.

Still, I don't want to stifle anyone's enthusiasm. If you feel strongly enough to let me know here or in PM I will consider making a special thread for these games.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » July 24th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Hey guys, check out the special collaboration for Vendetta. :woot:

Was lots of fun! :rofl:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » July 25th, 2009, 4:25 am

Nice post mate !! :thumbsup: By the way the chat with NOS is very funny as well

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » July 25th, 2009, 8:08 am

Thanks bro. Was hard work but someone had to do it. :hehe:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » July 29th, 2009, 5:23 am

Thanks elias, we worked together again for Final Fight which I just posted up so check it out :woot:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » July 31st, 2009, 4:31 pm

Excelent work on this post as well. Apparently you Aussies know how to spend your cold winter nights :cold: while here on Greece we only play LAN cos the Net speed is too slow. At times like this I wish I was an Australian :smile:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » July 31st, 2009, 10:13 pm

Yeah, elias, I noticed in some of your review's snaps you have multiplayer going. So you were having a LAN game with some friends in those?

LOL, if you want a really fast internet you need to live in Korea or Japan. You're still always welcome here in Australia mate.
:hello:

Hmmm... got some spare time today. I might get another review started.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » August 1st, 2009, 3:28 am

Elias, I've used kaillera with Hierophant when my internet was capped (64k or whatever... Hiero wasn't capped) and it was just the same as when we both had full-speed internet.

And it wasn't pacman or anything, it was street fighter 3 third strike :woot:

I've been told that kaillera doesn't use much bandwidth. It probably would be fine if you and another player from Greece were both on dial-up/capped, but keep in mind that Hiero and I probably live a lot closer to each other than you and your friends do... Or maybe not if you were recently playing on LAN with them :inquisitive:

Also, Hiero and I are finding p2p to be the way to go for playing online anyway :woot:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » August 1st, 2009, 12:58 pm

Hierophant wrote:Yeah, elias, I noticed in some of your review's snaps you have multiplayer going. So you were having a LAN game with some friends in those?
No it was me controlling the other players just to make the whoe landscape interesting cos just one player and very few enemies is kinda boring. Just to inform you ALL my reviews that contain multiplayer are controlled by me (ALL but the wrestling ones).

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » August 1st, 2009, 4:19 pm

Nostalgia wrote:It probably would be fine if you and another player from Greece were both on dial-up/capped, but keep in mind that Hiero and I probably live a lot closer to each other than you and your friends do... Or maybe not if you were recently playing on LAN with them :inquisitive:
Well to be honest my speed may be 2Mbps BUT because I live in the mountains the speed turns into 1Mbps (or less) and that's also because the speed is split into 10 PCs (the ones at the bar which I use) :wacko: . Besides my friends live some metres away from me and they also pay a visit every day at the bar so there is no problem. Not to mention that I have installed my MAME version to them so they can practice before they visit me.