Hyperspin Plug and Play HDD

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Reeves
Gamer
Gamer

Hyperspin Plug and Play HDD

Post by Reeves » January 18th, 2016, 5:49 am

Hi all,
Over the past few day's I've been looking into the hyperspin front end. Just wondered if anyone has bought a ready to run plug and play HDD online. I have been looking around, but have not seen any real reviews or feedback. I know this may not sit well with people on this site as it goes against probably copyright laws and making a profit from something that's free to download. I would love to be able to have the time and IT skills to be able to put together my own Hyperspin front end, but that's where I'm stuck. I wouldn't have the knowledge or patience to do this. So any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
Regards, Adam

Staff Note to Respondents: Please DO NOT directly link or name any Hyperspin HDD sellers.

Thank you.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Hyperspin Plug and Play HDD

Post by Hierophant » January 18th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Here's some food for thought that I quickly dug up from the Hyperspin forums:

WARNING FOR PRE-CONFIGURED DRIVE USERS! - http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/13026 ... ive-users/

10 TB set up on ioffer - http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/11245 ... on-ioffer/

Make of that what you will. :lipssealed:

GoBlueMike21
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Re: Is Mame over ?

Post by GoBlueMike21 » February 17th, 2016, 11:34 am

I've been off the board for a while and now am getting back into this thing. I too have looked at the HDD all set up to go but I've heard more bad stories that it makes me nervous. However, if you want to get Hyperspin set up for your front end (like I do with 2 younger kids) then check out Simply Austin on YouTube. His tutorial worked for me and he's got lots on his page.

On another note, if someone can inbox me the best way to find out which rom sets work with which version of MAME I would appreciate it. I, for the life of me, can't find a good link that can make my life easier. I'm begging the emu Gods...help this brother out.

Site Rules 3. Please don't ask for ROM links.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4