Wishing I could play Star Wars Arcade

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
oldschoolplaya

Wishing I could play Star Wars Arcade

Post by oldschoolplaya » December 20th, 2015, 10:19 am

With the Force Awakens releasing this week, I really wish I had a modern Star Wars gane in my arcade cabinet.

It's hard to believe it's almost 2016 and MAME has not emulated Sega model games like Star Wars Arcade. Virtua Racing is playable, and it runs on model 1.

I dont understand why progress has been stalled, there are some great games that cannot be played anywhere else. This should be reason enough to overcome any technical challenges.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Wishing I could play Star Wars Arcade

Post by Hierophant » December 21st, 2015, 6:41 pm

Funnily enough, Incito made a handy tutorial a few days ago about how to run Star Wars Trilogy on Supermodel, the Sega Model 3 emulator:

How to Install Supermodel and Play STAR WARS Trilogy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-joPGGS8BE

I haven't had a chance to try it for myself yet, but it looks like a pretty straightforward setup.

:V:

oldschoolplaya

Post by oldschoolplaya » December 29th, 2015, 11:54 am

Didn't realize there was a UI for supermodel. Just installed it and it's pretty good.

Now need to find a tutorial on how to get Supermodel UI to work with Hyperspin so I can get this setup in my arcade cabinet.

GoBlueMike21
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Post by GoBlueMike21 » February 25th, 2016, 8:18 am

oldschoolplaya wrote:Didn't realize there was a UI for supermodel. Just installed it and it's pretty good.

Now need to find a tutorial on how to get Supermodel UI to work with Hyperspin so I can get this setup in my arcade cabinet.
Did you find a way to set this up in Hyperspin?