KING OF FIGHTERS 94'

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
midniteSamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme
Favorite Game: Samurai Shodown 2

KING OF FIGHTERS 94'

Post by midniteSamurai » July 19th, 2013, 4:19 am

its been 19 years since this game came out and within a year will mark the 20th anniversary of a fighting classic. Even though a remake came out, I used to play this game straight out of a arcade at a Greyhound bus Station around the time and it sure was a tough game to pass at the time. I remember a few quarters id spared at the arcade and when i used them up, id let the continue count back from 10-0 and i knew it for sure the game was over. Now thanks to technology thats been around a decade later we have been blessed to have almost any game on our pc without having to spend lots of dinero(cash) on finishing a game. My favorite team was the Mexico Team consisting of Robert, Takuma and Ryo. I even loved the continue theme when your stranded in mexico and you see the background moving while your defeated team just sits down there waiting for the next credit to continue. In short what is your favorite team from that game? or features? or what coulda been done to make the game even better than it was originally released? something to wonder about. MidniteSamurai :hello:

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Re: KING OF FIGHTERS 94'

Post by starlingmax » July 19th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Hi man, I'm glad to meet a KoF fighters fan :hello: . My favourite team was the korea team, most of all because you can do some serious damage from a "safe" distance with Chang! also the Kim's desperation attack was relatively easy to connect!
I really liked what you said about spending money back in the day, I remember that as a kid I wanted to play all day long but obviously I always ran out of money... As a kid my family used to give me four quarters to play in a single day (and not every day off course)... Just 4 credits!!! Imagine that my friend... those arcade games were really tough! you had to choose carefully what games you were going to play! I usally played 2 games that I was good at so I could play a "long" time, and then another 2 games I REALLY liked but were really hard and I wouldn't last long!
Again, nice to meet you mate, I hope to see you around!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

midniteSamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by midniteSamurai » July 19th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Hi StarlingMax Its great to meet a KOF fan as well :thumbsup: I definately know the feeling when your only stuck with 4 quarters and you had to choose carefully which game you would last longer playing at. Most people overlook this game when its about king of fighters because of the dated graphics but overall this was a lot more smoother than the 95 one as the AI in that game was relentless, but glad to know there is at least someone out there who loves the king of fighters earlier games. Btw Samurai Shodown was a absolute hit in my neighborhood i remember my local bakery used to install a neo geo unit and it featured the samurai shodown series. I loved every single released there was in that game especially part 3 despite the bugs and glitches. Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around as well, and thanks for the welcome mameaddicts.com :-)
MidniteSamurai :hello:

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Post by ChameleonAlpha » July 20th, 2013, 7:36 am

Aaah, yes, KOF '94. That game didn't age as well as the Street Fighter games or later KOF's, but it holds a certain charm to it despite it's clunkiness. Even though I played it for the first time a few months ago, I can appreciate how groundbreaking this master piece was, and it does have something that makes you go back from time to time; a true classic.

midniteSamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by midniteSamurai » July 20th, 2013, 8:21 am

Hi Chameleon, yeah it led to a series of games to which this day continues on. Its quite a shame they didnt have flags from around the world with the characters in kof 95 and on. i kinda like the idea of representation of teams from around the world idea like the jean claude van damme movie the quest to say for example. :smile:
ӨПΣ ᄃΛППӨƬ ЯΣFᄂΣᄃƬ IП ƧƬЯΣΛMIПG ЩΛƬΣЯ. ӨПᄂΥ ƬΉӨƧΣ ЩΉӨ ΚПӨЩ IПƬΣЯПΛᄂ PΣΛᄃΣ ᄃΛП GIVΣ IƬ ƬӨ ӨƬΉΣЯƧ.

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Post by ChameleonAlpha » July 24th, 2013, 6:33 am

The idea was good, but I can see how it would be a problem. I mean, there were 2 Japanese guys and an Italian guy representing Mexico.

midniteSamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by midniteSamurai » July 24th, 2013, 8:43 am

That's true chameleon but if they had a team consisting of Mexican karate fighters in its place the following year could that have been better? Or put terry Bogard and Andy in the USA team? :confused:
ӨПΣ ᄃΛППӨƬ ЯΣFᄂΣᄃƬ IП ƧƬЯΣΛMIПG ЩΛƬΣЯ. ӨПᄂΥ ƬΉӨƧΣ ЩΉӨ ΚПӨЩ IПƬΣЯПΛᄂ PΣΛᄃΣ ᄃΛП GIVΣ IƬ ƬӨ ӨƬΉΣЯƧ.