Happy (belated) 4th Anniversary MA!

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Happy (belated) 4th Anniversary MA!

Post by Incito » June 19th, 2012, 11:28 pm

On Jun 05, 2008, I built the Mame Addicts site.
It did not start off as a forum, but as a site with a bunch of links to my youtube videos. My How to Install Mame video reached its first 100,000 views (The on video on my incito channel. Now private), I was getting about 30 emails or more a day asking questions about mame. It was then I decided to create a forum in hopes to attract classic arcade enthusiast who could learn from me, and I from them. A community designed "To continue the preservation of MAME and classic arcade games for future generations" was born.

Cheers to you all who has made these last four years awesome! :cheers:

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Re: Happy (belated) 4th Anniversary MA!

Post by Thulsa » June 19th, 2012, 11:50 pm

woot Cheers to you and Mame Addicts. I found a home here awhile back and I would like to take the time to thank you for building such a great place for MAME enthusiasts. It was been a fantastic couple years for me and I am hoping MAME Addicts has another 10 successful years or more.

Thanks Chris! :bow:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 20th, 2012, 5:17 am

This makes me think back to December 2008...

I was on summer holidays and had been fumbling around with MAME, trying to get it to play a game of Alien vs. Predator, to no avail. I started looking around for help and thankfully found Chris's famous MAME Install vid. His vid fixed whatever problems I was having with MAME in one hit. Even though I had no further MAME usage questions that I couldn't figure out for myself after that, I was so grateful to be playing my old fave again that I wanted to join his site and lend a hand if I could.

Cheers Chris, MAME Addicts forever! :friends:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » June 20th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Happy birthday MA!!!! I wish these 4 years become 40. Of course at that time Chris will have grandchildren, Hiero will be (aproximately) 470 years old and I will still kick αςς at Platform games :V: