Youtube...WHY!

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Youtube...WHY!

Post by Incito » December 18th, 2011, 11:48 am

Well, it appears Goolge went crazy redesigning not only Gmail (which I like) and YouTube ( which I am not sure I like).
So, the MA channel will need to be redone because of the strange new layout of Youtube. :crying:

ME :ryu: Youtube suit who decided to make it change.

Don't get me wrong, I like change sometimes, but not drastic change ... well I guess I ca't complain. I don't pay for it. :confused:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Youtube...WHY!

Post by Hierophant » December 18th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Same here. I took one look at the lame new channel design that YouTube invented and thought, there is no way I'm having that, and reverted it back. Old channel ftw!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 18th, 2011, 8:39 pm

This delightful little clip perfectly expresses my reaction to the new channel layout:

:ohmy:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » December 22nd, 2011, 5:44 am

I even still use the old design, because I like it much better... I just hope that they don't force us to change to the new design after some weeks, as they did during their last channel design change

:againstit: ...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 23rd, 2011, 3:02 am

Oh man, I hope they don't force people to change. It's bad enough having to look at the new layout on other channels, I dunno if I could handle seeing it on mine. It makes me wanna puke. What the hell are they tryna do anyway, make it look like a facebook or something?

:sick:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 21st, 2012, 11:40 pm

Atarix777 wrote:I even still use the old design, because I like it much better... I just hope that they don't force us to change to the new design after some weeks, as they did during their last channel design change

:againstit: ...
Unfortunately, your prediction is gonna come true. I just noticed this addition written on the stupid button telling me to "Click here to try the new channels design". Now it also says "All channels will be updated to the new design on March 1st 2012".

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » January 23rd, 2012, 10:18 am

Yeah, i noticed that info yesterday, too...

:againstit:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 23rd, 2012, 3:10 pm

:headshoot: YOUTUBE UPDATE

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 23rd, 2012, 5:37 pm

In protest, I'm gonna be putting my channel into hibernation on March 1st 2012. When anyone tries to go to my channel after that date they will see a short message instead:

! This channel is not available.

My vids will still be found on YouTube, eg. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=necks ... 80&bih=870. I will still upload new vids when I feel like it. Making vids about MAME and gaming is fun; YouTube's enforced channel design change is not.

:bored:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » January 24th, 2012, 4:34 am

I cleaned my channel yesterday from everything, but I took this chance also to clean up my xbla, psn, skype and ICQ list's from ppl. that I didn't saw online since a while anymore (BTW: If I deleted anyone of you guys from MA because out of an error - I was cleaning up very fast over houndrets of ppl. that I added during the last 10 years - then please just send me your contact request and I will put you back in the list).

I also left Twitter again and closed my personal Blog (I thought to use that much more, but at the end I didn't because I do not have enough of time) and right now I am thinking about on how to go on in the coming future.

At the end the internet became mainly for me just a bit of NewNet, Mame Addicts, Ebay and some more News sites (and of course i need it to play and communicate) - everything else is going more and more in the background and became less interesting to me during the last months.

Of course thats not the fault of Youtube's stupid change of Design, but to loose my Design and all works that Hiero and me invested into a lot of channels (he in the Layout and I into the editing of the Framevideos) made me very angry and was the top of the Eisberg...