NeorageX

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
pandasamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme
Favorite Game: Samurai Shodown 2

NeorageX

Post by pandasamurai » January 12th, 2020, 3:06 am

Anyone remember neorageX?? It was one of the few early emulators out there that replicated solely neo-geo games. It was one of my first emulators that I was introduced to and eventually I would get into what is MAME. I remember the cool blue and black interface with white letters it had. Truly nostalgic! :hello:
Time is like a River. You cannot touch the same water twice because the flow that has panned will never pass again.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: NeorageX

Post by Hierophant » January 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Yes, I remember NeoRageX. It got me into MAME in a roundabout kinda way. NeoRageX was the first emulator I ever attempted to use. Try as I might, I couldn't figure how to work it, which really put the "Rage" into NeoRageX for me at the time.
:pissed:

I eventually gave up on NeoRageX and searched for other avenues. Although it seemed daunting, I decided MAME was the way to go. I stumbled upon Chris's old "How to Install MAME" video on YouTube, which helped me make sense of MAME. I joined his site in hopes of helping other seekers of knowledge, and here we are today.
:yes:

pandasamurai
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme
Favorite Game: Samurai Shodown 2

Post by pandasamurai » February 2nd, 2020, 1:44 am

I wonder if anyone still plays that emulator though these days. I'd be more surprised if i did. :yes:
Time is like a River. You cannot touch the same water twice because the flow that has panned will never pass again.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 3rd, 2020, 3:12 am

The only real point I can see in NeoRageX these days is that it runs well on low-end computers, which may be of benefit to some people.