Help us grow our Twitch Channel

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Help us grow our Twitch Channel

Post by Incito » February 20th, 2018, 11:02 pm

Please check out https://www.twitch.tv/retroaddicts where we play games on a live broadcast and chat with you! :hello:
Consider giving us a follow on twitch and youtube. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Help us grow our Twitch Channel

Post by Hierophant » February 22nd, 2018, 4:26 am

I've just been watching the replay of your latest stream, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. A couple of cool things caught my attention:

1. You know how scanline effects normally look like garbage on Twitch? Well, the GBA scanlines actually worked out fine in all three of Twitch's viewing modes; default, theatre and fullscreen in a maximized browser. That took me by surprise! Must be because of the Gameboy's low resolution of 240 × 160p. I could still screw up the scanlines, though, by minimizing the browser and messing around with the size of the window, which made me wonder if those scanlines would still look good on a mobile. Maybe you could check that out on your phone for me, since I'm a mobile-free caveman in a man cave.

:viking:

2. Disco lights rule! You took a break during the stream and upon returning you had disco lights on in your face cam. Wow, man, I think you're the first individual streamer I've seen who put on a light show like that. Very nice!

:wizard:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Help us grow our Twitch Channel

Post by Incito » February 23rd, 2018, 6:25 pm

Thanks! Yeah I dont add the scan lines filter on all emus cause it just dont look right on stream, but this turned out great. I'll be streaming this
Castlevainia: Harmony if Dissonance
game till I beat it. I lost the actual game during my move, so I just got another one on ebay for $5. :hooray:
I can't play the real game since mu GBA SP backlit screen died and I got rid of it. That is what the emu is for ;)