Arcade - The continuation of MAMEUIFX

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Arcade - The continuation of MAMEUIFX

Post by PantherUK » November 21st, 2017, 12:53 am

In 2016 the MAMEUIFX front end version of MAME was brought to a halt as the developer was unable to continue working on it and so it stopped at 0.175.1... I was recently having a few issues with MAMEUIFX and Launchbox and I was looking for an alternative that would let me keep all my custom game folders set how I liked them... After a very short buzz around a few forums I discovered that for the last year there has been a continuation of MAMEUIFX called Arcade, and I can't believe I've only just discovered it..! The only difference between Arcade and MAMEUIFX is you need to download Arcade and the matching version of MAME... It really is worthy of a look and solved all the problems I was having and enabled me to have a very familiar program handling MAME behind Launchbox with all my settings as was...

http://arcade.mameworld.info
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Arcade - The continuation of MAMEUIFX

Post by Hierophant » November 23rd, 2017, 3:30 am

It's really awesome that someone decided to keep MAMEUIFX going, even if it is in only maintenance mode for now. It looks like it was taken over by MAME developer, Robbbert, who I believe is from Australia, which makes me feel kinda patriotic!

:viking:

In case it's not clear to anyone who wants to try it, use a 'Binary Package' from MAMEDev. For example, I had success by adding ARCADE64_0.191 to mame0191b_64bit.

retrofreak90
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Post by retrofreak90 » December 13th, 2017, 5:09 pm

I WAS aware of "Arcade" but have stuck with UIFX for now but...when I do decise to update, I take it "Arcade" doesn't come with a UI like MameUIFX does? And what is meant by maintenance mode? Is it simply the lack of a UI?

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » December 14th, 2017, 12:36 am

It is pretty much identical to UIFX, gui and all, so much so that I was able to port over all my settings, all I really had to do was reconfigure my controller within MAME itself via the TAB menu... If you visit the site in the link you'll see just how easy and the same it is...
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 14th, 2017, 1:59 am

Maintenance mode just means that there isn't any more active development of new features for Arcade / MAMEUIFX, but the good thing is that the existing framework will be kept in sync with new MAME versions as they're released. It'll still be very useful for checking out new arcade games as they get added in because it's a much nicer build than standard MAMEUI. That's a lot more than I hoped for back when MAMEUIFX ended.

:V:

retrofreak90
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Post by retrofreak90 » December 14th, 2017, 5:30 am

Ah, cool, thanks for the explanation guys, will defo be upgrading!