Looking for two action games! [Solved]

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
omgwtfork

Looking for two action games! [Solved]

Post by omgwtfork » September 26th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hello fellow Mame enthusiasts and gurus! I played these two games in the arcade when i was a child, but i can't remember the titles. Please help me remember these, so I can complete my collection of nostalgic titles! And forgive my lack of info and terrible memory :rofl:

1st game~
- It's a stage platform action game like Bubble Bobble or Snow Bros (no scrolling, but single stages that you progress)
- There are two characters. If i recall correctly they are tied to the player position (1st player is a male and 2nd player is a female i think.) The female character had blue hair.
- The characters used guns that you could charge like Megaman's Megabuster (the charged projectiles were huge, as big as the characters :tongue:)
- Stages consisted of small monsters an eventually a boss fight.
- Mobility was fairly good in the game as you can ascend or descend between platforms ( and i believe you can hang on the platforms too?)
- Last bit of useless info... Try to imagine Gunstar Heros mixed into a Snow Bros game.

2nd game~
- It's a 2d game fighting/action?
- It's definitely not a pure fighting game like tekken or SF, but it was more of a battle arena type of game like Super Smash Brothers, (not sure on the player count could be 2, or 4 players)
- The only stage i remember is a boat that rocks back and forth (might move the screen too) as the boat rocks, the weight is shifted and players (possibly items/boxes) shift while they are trying to kill each other. The boat had different levels you can jump up or climb down for movement, pick up boxes, run away, etc.
- Players used guns and melee and possibly heavy weapons
- One character I remember had a hat. Kind of like Oddjob from Golden Eye.
- 2D Super Smash Brothers about sums up what the game looks like.

Thank you in advance! :bow:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Looking for two action games!

Post by Hierophant » September 27th, 2013, 3:08 am

The second game sounds like The Outfoxies.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=the-ou ... il&id=1901

Very cool game! :woot:

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » September 27th, 2013, 5:30 am

Hi, the first game is "Gun Master", I love that game but it seems that MAME has issues with this particular ROM so, the game freezes over a certain period of time... If you have any luck running this game please let me know!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

omgwtfork

Post by omgwtfork » September 27th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Hierophant wrote:The second game sounds like The Outfoxies.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=the-ou ... il&id=1901

Very cool game! :woot:
Yes! This was the game! Thank you Hierophant! :thumbsup:
starlingmax wrote:Hi, the first game is "Gun Master", I love that game but it seems that MAME has issues with this particular ROM so, the game freezes over a certain period of time... If you have any luck running this game please let me know!
Thank you for the title starlingmax! I'll definitely let you know if i can get it to run properly :smile: