THE MEMORY SCANNER

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Re: THE MEMORY SCANNER

Post by eliaskeme » August 21st, 2010, 5:58 am

It is running pretty good but a bit slow. However the speed is still good, Lord Deimos is pure ownage !!! Oh I saw at Chris' thread that there are 2 chds but I think there is a mistake since Chris says to put the macea.chd to a "mace" folder. I did that but the game doesn't play. I put it to a "maceA" folder and it runs great. But it didnt have to wait for like 10mins like the SF3 series. By the way I can't find the mace.chd file no matter where I search, any help ?? By the way what is this Project64 ??

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » August 25th, 2010, 1:05 am

Any mistakes in that CHD list are nothing to do with Chris. Like he wrote at the top of the post, all credit goes to the poster at retroroms - http://www.retroroms.net/modules/newbb/ ... ic_id=5211

CHD files can be tricky to find sometimes now that there's no more romkeeper. Keep Googling and you might find what you're chasing on a file sharing site like Mega Upload or something. If that's too hit and miss then there's always torrents.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » August 25th, 2010, 4:40 am

Well I have found the macea.chd file at Megaupload but cant find the other one. In torrent I keep finding "MAME CHDs COLLECTION" which has all the CHDs for MAME. You think I should DL that ??

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 26th, 2010, 7:24 am

Only if you want a download that's many, many gigabytes in size, half of which will probably be useless anyway since a lotta CHD games are still in preliminary emulation status.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » April 14th, 2011, 10:01 am

And yes! Here I am once again, trying to remember a game. Want details ? Here they come!!
-You were controlling of a warrior who had 3 mounts: a tiger, a giant and a dragon (you could choose the 2 first in the beginning, though),
-The 2nd player had the same warrior with the same mounts (player 1's was a blue one, player 2's a red one),
-You start in a dungeon,
-During the intro video there was an arm with a knife ready to put it through a girl's head (and then with dark colours it did), an evil monster (with dark colours as well) with flames behind it and then the 2 warriors, the blue in front raising his fist and the red behind him wielding his sword and thunder strikes in the background.
-Oh and the game was a 2.5D (or a 2D ?? I can't remember)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » April 14th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Ahhh... too easy. The game is Wild Fang / Tecmo Knight.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/wildfang

Not the greatest beat 'em up ever, but I always thought it was an unusual and enjoyable fantasy romp.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » April 15th, 2011, 1:43 pm

Hierophant wrote:Ahhh... too easy. The game is Wild Fang / Tecmo Knight.
Indeed mate, that's the one. Thanks :smile:
Hierophant wrote:Not the greatest beat 'em up ever, but I always thought it was an unusual and enjoyable fantasy romp.
LOL it's a platform/fighter scrolling !!!! I checked ALL the fighters yesterday and when I decided to choose the platforms when I saw games similar to Bubble Bobble I said "No way !! This isn't here!!"

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » April 16th, 2011, 1:54 am

Yeah, it may seem odd but that's how some beat 'em ups gets categorized at MAWS. Spider-Man: The Videogame is another one to watch out for like that (Platform / Fighter Scrolling). Took some digging around to find that game the first time I went searching for it.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/spidman

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 8th, 2011, 7:08 am

I can't remember that funny game where you were a stundent in a classroom and every time you stood up the teacher was coming on you to spank you. Then you either sit down to your seat OR kick another student and took his place. And I think your goal was to get out of the classroom...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 11th, 2011, 11:21 pm

That sounds like Mikie.

Game info at MAWS: http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/mikie