Searching 3 Games: fighting, beat'em up, sport [Solved]

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
ost

Searching 3 Games: fighting, beat'em up, sport [Solved]

Post by ost » January 3rd, 2016, 6:31 am

Hello everybody!
I'm looking for 3 arcade games I've played many years ago.

The first one is a fighting game up with fantasy theme. The theme and graphics were very similar to Hippodrome, i thought it would be some kind of sequel. But the gameplay is in 2.5D kinda like King of the Monsters. You can select a character at the beginning, and there were a Golem and a Gargoyle among others. Every character has a special move that when activated i think the gameplay freezes a sec and there was some stars raining with obscure background (not really sure about this). Maybe, there were a 1p+2p vs CPU mode but I can be wrong.

The second one is a side scrolling beat'em up i think is 2D not 2.5D. I only remember the selection of characters: there were 5 ninjas in zazen position inside a temple. When you choose one, there were a lighting strike hitting the ninja at center that passes out and then the boss (i presume) catch him and jumps away. If you choose the center ninja, the guy kidnaps the girl ninja (second from left if i remember it). It was 2-player game. The setting were similar to Ninja Commando but less 'cartoonish' i think. Played only 1 time like 15 years ago.

Third one is some kind of futuristic handball. I've found it in MAME many years ago but lost name and rom. Several teams with nationality, if you toss the ball on the corner kick it bounces back to the center area. You can jump and kick, there was a team of only women with strange sunglasses. Egyptian team throws fire and Japanese team shout "kamakezi" at shoots. The concept is similar to Soccer Brawl but it was funnier to play.

Thanks to all who helps! :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Searching 3 Games: fighting, beat'em up, futuristic spor

Post by Hierophant » January 3rd, 2016, 6:10 pm

G'day :hello:

The second one definitely sounds like Mystic Warriors, Konami, 1993.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=mystic ... il&id=1717

I realised it immediately from your description, as it was one of my favourite ninja games in the arcades.

Keep this in mind, though; MAMEInfo states, "The video emulation isn't 100% accurate". This is a real problem in one of the last levels, where your character gets lost behind some stage graphics. It's still great to relive and enjoy all the colourful action of the earlier levels in this awesome game.

ost

Post by ost » January 3rd, 2016, 6:18 pm

That's it! :V:

And I've found the third one, is Heavy Smash http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/heavys ... ysmash.htm

Now only the first remains. It's very obscure, probably not emulated.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 3rd, 2016, 6:32 pm

Ooh, I think I just remembered the first one. It should be Death Brade (aka Mutant Fighter), Data East, 1991.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=death- ... ail&id=609

It is in MAME, so you can play it now!

INTVaddict
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Post by INTVaddict » January 4th, 2016, 3:05 am

Well, that was fast, Google.

...I've got nothin'.

ost

Post by ost » January 4th, 2016, 3:30 am

Lol, Seo at its best :woot:

So, post is SOLVED! The Games are:
Mutant Fighter (Death Brade) emulated by MAME
Mystic Warriors emulated by MAME and FinalBurn (don't know if has problem in the finale, didn't have time)
Heavy Smash emulated by MAME

Thank you very much for the help, you're the best! :hooray:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 4th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Haha, Google Bot doesn't muck around.

That search worked out well, ost. When I saw that the topic was for three games at once, I was worried that it might never get fully solved. Luckily, I knew Mystic Warriors right away, and then it only took me a little while to remember the name of Mutant Fighter / Death Brade. I think Heavy Smash would've given me some trouble. Never heard of that one before, but you saved me the bother by finding it yourself.

Cheers! :cheers:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: Searching 3 Games: fighting, beat'em up, sport [Solved]

Post by PantherUK » January 4th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Also three new games for me to try out, another great side effect of this topic... :hello:
Ooer... No pictures...