anyone know this shooter game? [Solved]

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
fowlskins

anyone know this shooter game? [Solved]

Post by fowlskins » September 5th, 2013, 2:27 pm

i remember playing this game at the fairground during my youth
it was a space shooter kindof a rail shooter the things that were stand out features were that the graphics were made up of what seemed like at the time real life photos(i may regret this comment on seeing them again) :wink:
you would fly your ship down through a canyon and when you shot the enemy ships they exploded with real fireball effects
it was a upright cabinet with one joystick witch had a trigger and two thumb buttons if i recall rightly

if anyone could let me know what this game was and if its on mame or not that would be great :thumbsup:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: anyone know this game ?

Post by PantherUK » September 6th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Ooer... No pictures...

fowlskins

Post by fowlskins » September 6th, 2013, 5:36 pm

nope thats not it
it was more of a space shooter and a little bit more basic than the game posted above
cant remember if it was your ship or the enemy ships that were a rip off of tie fighters from starwars
although the grafics were more like real the game itself still felt very layered

fowlskins

Post by fowlskins » September 10th, 2013, 4:39 pm

been googling and searching various sites with no luck for a while
so i decided to watch the firefox video again but this time i watched it unembedded
in the suggested video section of youtube was a vid of the game galaxy ranger that looked a little like the game i remembered

when i watched it it still didnt feel quite right so i read the about section and saw this "This game plays very similar to Ashtron Belt." so i searched asthtron belt and bingo the game i was talking about

looks like they are both availible on daphne
mystery solved :thumbsup:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » September 10th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Glad you found it mate, well done... :clapping:
Ooer... No pictures...