Obscure arcade fighting game? [Solved]

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
mameenthusiast
Gamer
Gamer

Obscure arcade fighting game? [Solved]

Post by mameenthusiast » June 10th, 2012, 3:42 pm

I remember seeing this obscure arcade fighting game back in an arcade in a movie theater, but I can't remember for sure what the name of the arcade fighting game was. I do remember a few details though. From what I remember, one character was a lizard character that wielded a type of weapon, while the other character was a female character that was a brunette which wore a red outfit and wielded a dagger in each hand. It also had Killer Instinct style graphics, but I know for sure that it wasn't Killer Instinct. In the demo of the arcade game, it would view each character. If anyone could give me some clues, that would be great.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Obscure arcade fighting game?

Post by Incito » June 11th, 2012, 9:23 am

Sounds sorta like Soul Caliber? They have a lizard with a short sword and shield.
I was thinking KI at first, but you covered that.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 11th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Taki would fit the bill of brunette girl with red outfit and dual daggers. If that turns out to be the one though, then I have trouble thinking of SoulCalibur as an obscure game with Killer Instinct style graphics.

:unsure:

mameenthusiast
Gamer
Gamer

Post by mameenthusiast » June 12th, 2012, 2:54 am

After doing some research, I discovered that it was Killer Instinct this whole time. Thank you all for your help though. :smile:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 13th, 2012, 3:40 am

No worries. I was looking into some really obscure stuff like Blood Warrior and Vicious Circle.