Looking for a sideways shooter [Solved]

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
Robmonster

Looking for a sideways shooter [Solved]

Post by Robmonster » May 24th, 2012, 6:09 am

Here is another old arcade game I would like to find. I remember playing it's home PC conversion on my Amiga.

It was a sideways scrolling shooter game set in space. you controlled one of two guys who you float around the screen. You could rotate your gun so yu could fire in all directions around you while you independently moved. You had the choice of two cool-dude loking chaps, one white guy with blonde hair and one black guy. I think both wore dark glasses.

I think you had the option of going into shops along the way to buy upgrades.

Every so often you’d get a boss battle. The only one I can remember was a space-dragon of some sorts that was lying on its back along the bottom of the screen and you had to shoot at it’s exposed beating heart to harm it.

What do you think?

R

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Re: Looking for a sideways shooter

Post by Thulsa » May 24th, 2012, 3:13 pm

I know the name of this one too. However I will need to get home from work to look at my cab. I will get back with an answer in a few hours.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » May 24th, 2012, 5:21 pm

I think the one you are looking for is Forgotten Worlds
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Robmonster

Post by Robmonster » May 25th, 2012, 4:14 am

Oh the name sounds familiar. Let's do a quick google!

Yes, that's the one thank you!

http://www.retrogameoftheday.com/2010/0 ... orlds.html

Rob