Looking for a D&D style game

Can't think of the name of that arcade game you used to play? This is the place to ask!
Robmonster

Looking for a D&D style game

Post by Robmonster » May 24th, 2012, 5:48 am

Morning all,

I have a vague memory of playing a game on MAME years ago that I really enjoyed. It is a D&D style game, but it had an isometric viewpoint, it wasn't one of the side scroller Golden Axe type games that I've seen in my game listing.

My memory of it is that your hero entered a room and once you had cleared the monsters you could go around picking up treasres and opening chests and so on. You then had a choice of which exit to take to try to navigate your way to the level exit.

If anyone ever played the board game HeroQuest ( or the PC interpretations) then it had a very similar feel to that game.

Any ideas?

Rob

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Re: Looking for a D&D style game

Post by Thulsa » May 24th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Sounds Like Gauntlet 1 & 2 to me.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » May 24th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Also now that I think about it. It could be a game like Dungeon magic.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Robmonster

Post by Robmonster » May 25th, 2012, 4:12 am

It's definitely not Gauntlet, but thanks for the suggestion. I don;t know Dungeon Magic, but I'll check it out later and see if it's the one!

Staff Edit: No confirmation ever received from OP. Locked.