I HATE SPIDERS

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

I HATE SPIDERS

Post by Incito » October 5th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Ok, Heiro I am afraid to say I will never go to Australia cause of the huntsman spider. :cold:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: I HATE SPIDERS

Post by Nostalgia » October 5th, 2010, 12:28 pm

LoL I love that pic Chris.

I don't know about Hiero, but I hardly ever see huntsmans.
I've had a couple in my current home and the worst part about them is when massive ones just suddenly appear. Wouldn't be good if you were driving...

They're pretty harmless though.

Funnel webs are the spiders that really fascinate and scare me at the same time:

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » October 5th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Well the Aussies have the Size and the poison. I say we have the creepiest in the US. The Black Widow it's small and just spooky if you see one. They abound where I live. They are nasty spiders. We also have the lesser known Brown Recluse spider that if it bites you and goes untreated it can take a limb or kill ya.

The widow can kill of not treated. She is a mean sucker.

My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » October 5th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Those huntsmans do wander inside occasionally. I once had a full grown huntsman that I spotted in my bedroom as I was about go to sleep one night. It was on the ceiling and too big to mess around with so I sprayed it and it went berserk, running around the corners of the ceiling and leaving a thick web in it's wake. It took a minute or two for the poison to kill the beast, by which time it had ejected a huge trail of sticky web.

We do have our own deadly member of the black widow family, the redback spider. There's even a song about it (songs starts at 0:50).

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » October 6th, 2010, 12:33 pm

Well the Aussies have the Size and the poison. I say we have the creepiest in the US. The Black Widow it's small and just spooky if you see one. They abound where I live. They are nasty spiders.
I was in North Carolina (Camp Lejeune) and used a porta-potty for a number 2. As soon I a dropped my drawers; I saw 3 black widows in the toilet!

I was glad I didn't sit down to say the least.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » October 6th, 2010, 3:33 pm

OK right now I am going to tell the truth. Well Not really!

:offtopic: :sillypost:

I am terrified of Australia. Either everything is Large, Poisonous, or both. You have nasty spiders, and even meaner snakes. You have Great Whites and tiny jelly fish that can kill or cause enormous pain. Iracongi are terrifying!!! My brother -in -law use the word Iracongi to threaten one another. Even the cute mistake of nature the duck bill platypus is poisonous.

Pretty sure you have huge scorpions as well. I mean I was not that afraid while the crocodile hunter was alive. But when he got struck down by a sting ray of all things I thought to myself what chance do I stand Down Under??? The Answer! None.

:crying: I miss Steve Irwin. I know some folks over there hated him but I found that I could sleep easier at night knowing he was doing his best to rein in the wilds of Australia.

:rofl:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 6th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Lol, I didn't know that old ditty would also apply to you guys in America (changing black widow for redback). :hehe:

I miss Steve Irwin, too. He was a legend. :crying:

Yeah, even the cute animals Down Under can be more dangerous than people suspect.

Despite what the narrator says I think there is an explanation. The tourist gave food to a female or adolescent roo and the big pimpdaddy wasn't happy about it.

That's not to say you don't have some scary beasts in the States though; bears, wolves, mountain lions, gators, rattlers...

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » October 13th, 2010, 8:19 am

Chris wrote:Ok, Heiro I am afraid to say I will never go to Australia cause of the huntsman spider. :cold:
Well if you dress up like this I suppose you will be safe:

On that way all the spiders will obey you !!!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 15th, 2010, 3:35 am

Good idea mate, everyone in Oz should dress like that.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » October 15th, 2010, 8:48 am

Hierophant wrote:Good idea mate, everyone in Oz should dress like that.
Every spider must now :bow: to their master !!!! Muhahahah.. wtf ??? It's Doc Oc !!!! Oh hang on, it's one of his minions !!!!

Oh and Chris I think you should also check THIS: