Board index Just for Fun The Thulsa Doom Challenge!

The Thulsa Doom Challenge!

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Post June 14th, 2016, 3:48 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

PantherUK wrote:
Shall we get this up and running again chaps..?

What's the game?

Post June 14th, 2016, 5:25 pm
PantherUK User avatar

I shall endeavour to make a gnarly choice at the weekend Incito... :thumbsup:

Post June 18th, 2016, 7:51 pm
PantherUK User avatar

Lets go with Capcom's 1990 shooter 1941: Counter Attack (World) :thumbsup:

Post June 19th, 2016, 1:57 pm
PantherUK User avatar

This one is a toughie, things come at you from all sides..! Also I can't seem to get it to retain the high score, I got 320000 something last night and wanted to get a screen grab of it today but the scores are all default again, so bear that in mind... I'll do some research and see if this game will play ball with the score saving... I like saving the scores to measure progress...

Post June 20th, 2016, 2:51 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Picking a nice shmup is an excellent way to pull me back into the fray. :wink:

High scores are saving for me in 0.119.

Post June 21st, 2016, 2:10 pm
PantherUK User avatar

Still can't get the hi scores to save after a machine reset, guess I'll have to live with it, all the other games I've tried seem to be, I'll live...

Post June 25th, 2016, 8:03 pm
PantherUK User avatar

I'll post my final opening score tomorrow... Having a tough time beating the score in a certain video... :smile: :wink: :thumbsup:

Post June 25th, 2016, 11:47 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sorry, guys, I should've posted my first score sooner. I played a bit more here and there during the week, hoping to improve the score I got on the Monday stream. No such luck so far; I've still only made it to Stage 3 that one time.

Chris, I saw on the Wednesday stream that you were somewhat mystified with the way your scores worked out. You were correct in thinking that it has something to do with the shuriken item in Stage 1. It's dropped by five little brown delta wings which fly in a horizontal formation on a straight up and down path. The trick is simply this - the item refills your Vital gauge. However, if you're already at full health then grabbing it rewards you with 100,000 points instead. That's a big score boost!

I've updated the 'Current Challenge Info' in the OP.

Post June 27th, 2016, 5:50 pm
PantherUK User avatar

Catching you up mate..!

No screenshot needed seeing as you're still winning Hiero... Still haven't worked out why the scores aren't saving, I tried the USA, Japanese and alternate World versions and they all save so I'm a bit stumped... Nice 100,000 point tip too mate... :thumbsup:

Post June 28th, 2016, 2:23 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

700K + Really Hiero???

I have to say I am glad to see the challenge is still up and running even after a long break. Plus I love seeing you guys on twitch and running the challenge there. Makes me happy. :love: :clapping: :hello:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

PreviousNext

Return to Just for Fun

Google+