Worst Games Ever

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Worst Games Ever

Post by Incito » January 19th, 2011, 10:05 am

Nostalgia wrote:I actually like Silver Surfer on NES, it's just too damn hard (surprise surprise, NES game!). Also you may want a turbo/rapid fire pad for it with the amount of bullets you need to constantly keep shooting, otherwise you'll wear your thumb/finger down to the bone eventually...

It's a real shame that some great NES games are marred by their almost impossible difficulty. But a wise man once said about old games, "The games weren't too hard then... They're just too easy now". There's a lot of truth in that statement. I used to beat some pretty tough games back in the day but not so much anymore, which is probably because newer games have dumbed down my reaction times/patience/etc. I think patience more than anything.
Agreed, I remember beating ninja gaiden 2 which was very hard for its day. I played it again and I was like, "How did I ever do this without cheat codes?"
I will admit I hate games that tend to be difficult due to lack of game design though. It's like they made it challenging on accident.

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Post by ChameleonAlpha » January 27th, 2013, 12:00 am

TATTOO ASSASSINS!
I'm surprised this one wasn't in this topic already. Well, now it is!
Tattoo Assassins is basically an extremely rushed and incomplete game. You should play it just to see how hilariously bad it is.

Can you believe this game is the reason Johnny Cage and Raiden aren't in MK3?
Copied from MAME's info on the game:
"Carlos and Daniel Pesina from Midway's MK series worked in Tattoo Assassins. After that, Midway didn't want them to work with them in "Mortal Kombat 3", so they killed Johnny Cage (the only Daniel Pesina character that didn't wear a mask) and excluded Raiden (Carlos Pesina)."
One of the programmers also wrote how painful it was to develop the game. It's pretty long, so I can't post it here. It's on the MAME info though. Check it out.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Funny you picked that. Back when I was doing Random Mame Game of the Week, this title came up. It is truly AWFUL! :sick:

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » January 27th, 2013, 6:31 pm

It popped up during a conversation with Hiero and Thulsa and I thought it would be nice addition.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 28th, 2013, 6:51 pm

I was also surprised that Tattoo Assassins wasn't in this section before. I actually thought it was, but I must've had it mixed up with one of the other MK rip-offs. Stupid games.

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » February 22nd, 2013, 2:49 am

Oh Atari, our love can never be. I'm too young for you!
I'll take this chance to say that I think Atari games are the creepiest games ever. It must be because almost everything is left to imagination.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 24th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Haha, what the hell is going on in that game? :unsure:

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » February 24th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Shadow The Hedgehog. Some people like this game, but I can't look past it's issues.
The camera pretty much forces you to walk instead of run and the gameplay is choppy as all hell. It feels like an incomplete game.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 25th, 2013, 6:45 pm

It even looks hard to control just watching someone else play. Plus, guns in a Sonic game? What the... :wtf:

ebarlow99

Post by ebarlow99 » May 31st, 2013, 1:43 pm

The Pit......sucks.....someone offered me a free upright and I had to refuse!!!! I have standards people..... :rofl: