Worst Games Ever

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Worst Games Ever

Post by Hierophant » December 31st, 2010, 4:59 am

Nostalgia wrote:Mad respect to you for beating such an unforgiving game mate. And yeah Sega CD has some genuine charm if you filter through enough of the bad stuff.
Thanks mate, I don't think I'll ever attempt that feat again. Hmmm... Sega CD charm, eh; maybe a topic for a new thread. Image

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 31st, 2010, 7:40 am

Mainly Final Fight CD and Road Avenger come to mind in terms of charm. The music they did for Final Fight CD was awesome and the game itself is arcade perfect. Road Avenger is FMV which a lot of people despise, but the artwork in the game is fantastic and the gameplay is quite decent for a FMV game. I also have a lot of nostalgia for that game because I'll never forget playing it at my local department store when I was like 12 years old.

I think most of the 'unsuccessful' systems have great charm in one way or another. Different sound chips and all that good stuff... It all gets my juices flowing mate :)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 1st, 2011, 1:33 am

For me, Popful Mail is the definition of Sega CD charm. That game is brilliant! :love:

I never played Road Avenger so no idea what that's like. I suppose the enjoyment that some people might still get from the more general FMV junk on Sega CD is similar to how a lotta old B-grade movies end up with cult followings just because of how second rate those movies are.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 1st, 2011, 10:15 am

Hierophant wrote:For me, Popful Mail is the definition of Sega CD charm. That game is brilliant! :love:
I agree and I also really like Road Rash....but this is about games that suck. :tongue: :b2t:

he he he....finally get to use this smiley. :devlish:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 1st, 2011, 6:38 pm

Lol, there's still a vast treasure trove of sucky games left to tap into. :whatttt:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » January 1st, 2011, 7:47 pm

Indeed, including this bad boy:

I gave this a try when I was streaming on justintv the other day. Needless to say, I moved on to the next game pretty damn quickly.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 2nd, 2011, 2:36 am

Why is it almost always impossible to make a decent game out of a great movie license? When a movie is already decidedly average, like Charlie's Angels is, the game can be really inspired.

Worst game notes from Wikipedia:

"Charlie's Angels

(PlayStation 2, GameCube)

* The game has a rating of only 23 on Metacritic.
* GameSpot called it a "horrific display of ineptitude."
* On GameRankings, Charlie's Angels received a 23%, with 24 reviews,[38] which as of September 2010 is the lowest rating of all games with more than 20 featured reviews on this website.
* The game was ranked #1 on GameTrailers' list of the Top 10 Worst Movie Games of all time, who said "The game is degrading, not to women, not even to video games, but to humanity itself"."

Christian Fauteux's excellent review of the Gamecube version:

The Gamespot review really sums it up well:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 14th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Thanks to the AVGN, Silver Serfer for the NES will never be played by me. He says it would be easier to pick out fly poop out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywk ... re=related

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 18th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Haha... classic! One of the first AVGN vids I saw thanks to Nos. :rofl:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » January 19th, 2011, 2:05 am

I actually like Silver Surfer on NES, it's just too damn hard (surprise surprise, NES game!). Also you may want a turbo/rapid fire pad for it with the amount of bullets you need to constantly keep shooting, otherwise you'll wear your thumb/finger down to the bone eventually...

It's a real shame that some great NES games are marred by their almost impossible difficulty. But a wise man once said about old games, "The games weren't too hard then... They're just too easy now". There's a lot of truth in that statement. I used to beat some pretty tough games back in the day but not so much anymore, which is probably because newer games have dumbed down my reaction times/patience/etc. I think patience more than anything.