Post by clessx » December 25th, 2010, 3:08 am

Annoying awful Sonic ripoff

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Worst Games Ever

Post by Incito » December 27th, 2010, 12:59 pm

Despite just about every Mahjong game for mame, One of my choices is: The Three Stooges.

This game is INSANE hard! Just watch how long game play is here....measures in seconds! :wacko:

The NES version is just as bad....maybe even worst.

You have no idea what you’re doing when you’re playing this game. You press start and you’re taken to an outside street with the three stooges where a Wheel of Fortune wheel comes out of thin air that ostensibly picks what you’re supposed to do in the game. Next you notice you’re in another random place where you have no idea what you’re supposed to do. You’re at a bowl of soup with a spoon in it. There are also what looks strange blobs in the soup that you have to eat. Trying to control your spoon proves to be one of the more difficult tasks you will take on in this life. After a couple of minutes of throwing your controller at the screen you hear a sound that sounds like a box fan breaking down which I think is supposed to be one of the 3 stooges getting angry that you didn’t pass a test that you couldn’t control and knew nothing about, and had no idea how you got there, and why your eating soup with ambiguous objects inside. You next may randomly find yourself in a hospital flying down an operating room with a nurse picking up things she’s dropping. You have no idea what you’re picking up though. Once again, trying to control this fiasco proves excessively enigmatic, and once again you will be throwing your controller at the screen.

Here is a video of the SOUP STAGE.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » December 27th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Hah I remember renting this game as a kid for the NES and just thinking huh?
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Incito
Founder
Founder

Re: Worst consoles ever

Post by Incito » December 27th, 2010, 7:01 pm

:offtopic:

GTs top 10 consoles of all time.

Ok back to topic. :tongue:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 27th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Ouch, my ears! The audio in that Three Stooges arcade vid is badly broken. :ouch:

Hmmm... there doesn't seem to be another vid on the whole of YouTube for the arcade version.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 29th, 2010, 8:23 am

That top 10 worst consoles vid is closely related enough to be on topic. Sometimes it takes a dumb console to play a dumb game. The Atari Jaguar ad glimpsed in that vid is worth showing in it's entirety:

Speaking of the Jaguar... oh look, it's another MK ripoff, Kasumi Ninja! :ohmy:

First, the cheesy fatalities...

...then a tribute to Angus, the kickass Scottish ninja with the fiery crotch. :ninja:

Incito
Founder
Founder

Corpse Killer, just aweful

Post by Incito » December 29th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Corpse Killer

I played ...ahem, watched this play for about 5 minutes when I just couldn't stand the horrible acting. I realized it's meant to be a bit hoaky, but come on...there is a line to be drawn here.

As you play you will notice that zombies do fly!

I can say I don't really miss Sega CD too much with many of the games were this live action garbage. 3DO was the king of bad live action games though.

Here's another turd....

Night trap

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 30th, 2010, 9:20 am

Probably the worst controls i've ever experienced in a video game. I couldn't even get past the first screen.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 30th, 2010, 10:04 pm

@ Chris I can't totally write off the Sega CD. When I first got Kega Fusion I only cared about it for checking out Mega Drive games that I didn't already have in my collection. I've since found that there are actually some really great games on the Sega CD if you can look past the bad rep it's garnered from all that FMV cheddar, and many of them have epic soundtracks thanks to the CD format. But yeah, I hafta agree, most of the Sega CD FMV games that I've seen are the gaming equivalent of a bowl of sloppy milk curds.
:sick:

@ Nos Another vote for NES Dragon's Lair; I think that's three so far. Unforgiving controls coupled with a need for pixel perfect jumps is not a good mix. I used to have that game when it first came out and managed to conquer it somehow. I guess I was pretty hard-headed when I was a young gamer and would do my utmost to beat every game I played no matter how awful it was. I accidentally figured out that you don't even need to fight Singe properly at the end. What a bring down after such a huge struggle against the dreadful gameplay.
:crying:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 31st, 2010, 2:10 am

Mad respect to you for beating such an unforgiving game mate. And yeah Sega CD has some genuine charm if you filter through enough of the bad stuff.