Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Worst Games Ever

Post by Hierophant » August 8th, 2009, 10:57 am

Know some putrid games? Put 'em in here. :sick:

Obviously I'm not gonna give the same level of care and attention to this as I do with My Recommended MAME Games. Still, it should make for a bit of light entertainment.

This thread is not restricted to MAME. It's meant to encompass the broadest spectrum of crappy games possible. The only thing I ask is that any vids with excessive strong language be linked offsite rather than embedded and add some kinda warning (sorry AVGN fans), then everything should be cool for kids. There's some other very foul-mouthed game reviewers besides AVGN out there so let's keep the kiddies safe.

Check my first couple of vids for an idea of the kinda thing that's socially acceptable for embedding here. If you can't find an appropriate vid for your least favourite games then at least grab a screenshot from somewhere, please, and upload it to your image host (no hotlinking; hotlinked images will be deleted). Bad games need to be seen to appreciate their failness.

Cheers
Hiero :V:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Worst Games Ever

Post by Hierophant » August 8th, 2009, 11:04 am

Transformers on the NES. This is some serious comedy relief! :rofl:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 8th, 2009, 11:44 am

Big Rigs for the PC. Apparently words can't describe how truly awful this so-called 'game' is.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

PIT FIGHTER

Post by Incito » August 9th, 2009, 10:09 pm

PIT FIGHTER

Pit Fighter was one of the most innovative games of our time. The characters could do punches and kicks and pickup things to throw. The bad guys were the same sprites because they were all clones. You got piles of money at the end of each stage, and who don't like money right?!

The NES version, and can you believe the graphics really aren't much worst than the actual arcade game.

OK, I will save you from losing about 35 minutes of you life by showing the last Boss fight. This should be good right!? All games save the best for last?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 10th, 2009, 6:03 am

Good one, Chris. Although if I watch the final boss one enough times I can end up wasting 35 minutes of my life anyway.
:hehe:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » August 11th, 2009, 3:21 pm

:no: RYGAR :no:

This game is just ENDLESS !! And in case there is a final stage I would pay 1,000,000$ to see that. The whole landscape is lame and the enemies are the same and they just keep coming and coming and coming and coming... Not to mention that you have only 1 hitting button:
Image Image
My suggestion is: PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE !!!!

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 11th, 2009, 4:37 pm

I actually beat the NES version of that. It was not a great game (better than the arcade version I can say that). My Dad got it for me so I felt like I had to play it. The final boss was really lame compared to the others. He just stood in one spot and shot stuff at you. In fact here is the video ... I love Youtube!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 12th, 2009, 4:34 am

eliaskeme wrote:And in case there is a final stage I would pay 1,000,000$ to see that.
How would you like to pay me, cash or cheque? :tongue:

Rygar arcade is maybe not the greatest game ever, but it's not the one of the worst games ever either, just mediocre I reckon. Remember too, this was 1986 so relatively mindless action was still an arcade mainstay. NES Rygar was an improvement and PS2 Rygar is well worth a look. At least Rygar arcade works, unlike Big Rigs.
:ohmy:

It's only opinion anyway so no matter. :hello:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » August 12th, 2009, 5:02 am

(No swearing at all, don't worry)

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » August 12th, 2009, 11:49 am

Hierophant wrote:
eliaskeme wrote:And in case there is a final stage I would pay 1,000,000$ to see that.
How would you like to pay me, cash or cheque? :tongue:
How many hours were spent to go to the final stage then ?? Because a friend of mine + me did:
3,5 hours in the morning (10:15-13-45), paused the game for lunch and rest and then
4 hours in the afternoon (17:00-21:00) till we got tired and bored and left it.

I have seen Chris' and your video before but this version is either bootleg or the person who played it spend more than 8 hours on it.