Post by Nostalgia » July 16th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Very sharp Hiero mate, very sharp!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: From the Collection

Post by Hierophant » July 17th, 2009, 7:09 am

Nos, I put the first Neo Geo CD game image there with you in mind. I dunno if you were aware that Technos made a Double Dragon versus fighting game for the Neo Geo. Maybe worth adding to your MAME collection if only to see the super grainy FMV from the Double Dragon movie in the game's intro! All jokes aside it's not a bad game, just nothing that special in comparison to the best of SNK's main versus fighting series.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » July 18th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Yeah I still haven't played that game... I'll play it sometime soon :thumbsup:

It's also been too long since I played kof etc so they'll be getting a workout soon too.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 7th, 2009, 7:41 am

An old mate of mine works in the Aussie video games magazine industry. While he was still doing the PS2 mag he passed on some rather interesting freebies to me.

The first one I'm going to show is the Tekken 5 Press Kit.

When the Press Disc in the next image is popped into the computer it opens up a bunch of stuff such as ready-made screen captures for use by game mag reviewers.

And then, of course, there's the game itself. Alright!

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » September 1st, 2009, 2:12 pm

Nice KOF 98' Hiero. I only had this CD as a copy in my PS1. In fact all my games were copies. And my PS1 was installed in an arcade console so you could play TEKKEN, MORTAL KOMBAT in an arcade. This is my long-lived PS1 (unfortunately it broke and I gave away all my games :crying: ):
As I have mentioned before, I also had a GameBoy pocket. I still have it of course and when my little brother gets my DS or the CoLoR one I play with that:
It is a bit dirty but this is how I like it. I will post a picture of my games as well later (I want to get back a couple from some of my friends). Oh I almost forgot to show you my GameBoy CoLoR:
And, last but not least, the latest console I have, Nintendo DS:
This is how it looks like when it is open (the bottom screen is a touch-screen):
And this is the whole gear:
In case you didn't understand which games these are, take a look here:
They are Pokemon Diamond, Super Mario Bros (it was with the DS), Star Wars the Force Unleased and Pokemon Sapphire (I borrowed it since I didn't have a GameBoy Advance for help with Pokemon Damond).

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 1st, 2009, 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reply, elias. It's nice to see someone else show their stuff in here. I didn't expect it but that's totally cool, I like surprises!
:woot:

It's too bad that your PS1 bit the dust. I think it's a shame you gave away all the games for it. How come you didn't try and get a replacement so you could keep your games? I would be spewing if I couldn't play Castlevania Symphony of the Night anymore. Oh well, I guess your mates are having fun with them now.

I enjoyed looking over your Gameboy/DS gear. Those see-through Gameboy Colors were cool!

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 2nd, 2009, 3:50 am

You see the problem with my PS1 was the fact that it stopped working since I only had copied games (that means problems). So I had to give away my games to other mates with PS1s. But they all bought PS2s or PS3s and now my games are resting in a bin. Besides the games I had were originally played at the bar inside the arcades. By the way did I mention that I had 2 PS1s ??? I actually gave the one since I didn't want it and that was good for my friend since he had the old-school little one. Anyway I am expecting my Pokemon Yellow from my friend so I can post the picture of my GameBoy games.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 2nd, 2009, 6:21 am

I actually still have two working PS1 consoles in my collection. The reason to have two was for 2 player link-ups of the Command and Conquer games with each player having their own screen.

Seeing as we're talking PS1 at the moment I'll show one of my Namco Arcade Sticks (I've got three of them!). Yes Nos, this is what I use for our 3rd Strike matches.

A million fireballs later and still going strong!

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 2nd, 2009, 11:43 am

So this thing can go in the PC and play ?? Cos I really wanna get none (many people wanna play Bubble-Bobble, Pacman etc with these rather than the keyboard here).

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 2nd, 2009, 11:53 am

Hierophant wrote:An old mate of mine works in the Aussie video games magazine industry. While he was still doing the PS2 mag he passed on some rather interesting freebies to me.
Knowing the right people is a very good thing don't you think :hehe: ??? I, for example, haven't bought neither a PS2 nor a PS3, BUT my closest friend often invites me to his place for a 1-on-1 TEKKEN battle. That's not only because we grew up together but I also gave him half of my PS1 games (including the console) and some of my Pokemon versions. That is a BIG favor to return. Agree ??