Share that Stream Key

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Post July 16th, 2015, 8:44 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Yo Chris,

Me and DieCob was thinkin...

Maybe we should make that MameAddicts Twitch stream something multiple people here can participate in.

Basically if someone gets 200 posts or whatever you'll give them the MameAddicts stream key to stream with on twitch. Personally I'd be very happy to do this every now and then and so would DieCobros.

Sound like a good idea?

Maybe something for Silver/Gold Skulls and above mate. Also why isn't DieCob at least Silver, realtalk homie.

Edit - As an example: Chris isn't streaming? Well Nos is here doing 1CCs of Mortal Kombat or if Nos isn't here hey DieCobros is speedrunning Double Dragon 2!

We should do it I think Chris. It doesn't give away personal info or anything like that.
Last edited by Nostalgia on July 16th, 2015, 9:43 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post July 16th, 2015, 8:57 am
DieCobros User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Like Nos said, I'd be down for it. More people to stream = More activity for the channel. Also means more exposure for the site. We could have a certain rotation of people using the stream key.

Post July 16th, 2015, 9:39 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Probably should have shot you a PM instead sorry Chris.

Post July 17th, 2015, 3:52 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hey, guys :hello:

Nostalgia wrote:
Maybe something for Silver/Gold Skulls and above mate. Also why isn't DieCob at least Silver, realtalk homie.

We got rid of the bronze and silver ranks ages ago. Too many shenanigans which I won't go into here. The outcome was that we decided to just keep the gold rank and make the requirements so steep that only the most truly dedicated person would even contemplate attempting it. As the boss of the Gold Skulls, Nos, you know better than most what it takes to be one of the elite.

For general reference, please see here:

GET THE GOLD SKULL BADGE! - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=733

I can't speak for Chris regarding his stream key. Speaking for myself, though, I thinks it's really awesome that you blokes care enough to think of new ways to promote the site. Thank you both very much indeed for that.

:bow:

Post July 19th, 2015, 6:13 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Cheers Pete!

It might not be as easy as I think to stream with someone else's key. The reason I say that is because I started to wonder like how would I type in stream chat and things like that. Like if I have no mods in there, how could I ban people doing the wrong thing? I guess you just log into your own account like normal? I have no idea lol. I deleted my main account a while ago but I think I still have my old account from the NewNet days which I moved over from Justin TV.

But yeah, not a bad idea on the surface though, considering the broad spectrum of MAME games we all play. Keeps the channel more active in a way too because when you Americans are sleeping, I could sometimes take over and maybe other people in different timezones as well.

Post July 19th, 2015, 4:26 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

I'm down with sharing the stream key with GSOs.
I haven't used it in a while, so feel free.
If you have a plan on how to use my stream key, then let me know.
Thanks for looking into new ways to promote MA! :smile:

Post July 19th, 2015, 4:29 pm
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Nice Chris can you PM it to me? I streamed a bit earlier on my channel but I want to test it with your key. Cheers mate :)

No real 'plan' I guess involved. Just gonna stream when other people from here aren't streaming with it and I'm not at work was my plan. Not sure if that works for you mate. I guess I just figure because of our timezones there won't be much of a conflict.

Return to Just for Fun

Google+