Board index Just for Fun Speedruns, Anyone?

Speedruns, Anyone?

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Post January 26th, 2015, 5:54 pm
DieCobros User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

I've started to do some speedruns lately and it's been fun so far. Anyone else here ever try to speedrun a game on stream or anything like that?

Double Dragon II: The Revenge (Double Dragon Trilogy)
This one was done as part of a contest.

Post January 26th, 2015, 7:50 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

A few years ago Atarix777 would host a stream on thenewnet, but I am not certain if they did speedruns? :confused:
Do you have a stream channel?
I can link your speedrun video to the mame addicts youtube if you want.

Post January 26th, 2015, 7:56 pm
DieCobros User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

My Twitch channel is at:
http://www.twitch.tv/diecobros

I stream Mondays and Fridays starting from around 1 PM CST/12 PM CST, respectively.

And linking it to the MA Youtube page would be awesome!

Post January 26th, 2015, 9:24 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

DieCobros wrote:
My Twitch channel is at:
http://www.twitch.tv/diecobros

I stream Mondays and Fridays starting from around 1 PM CST/12 PM CST, respectively.

And linking it to the MA Youtube page would be awesome!

Once your stream is uploaded to youtube, message me and I will add it to the playlist.

Post January 29th, 2015, 6:25 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

First of all, nice job running ANY Double Dragon game, your run was insane. Thanks for sharing!

I definitely watch a lot of speedruns mate, but I don't do too many myself. Probably my most impressive speedrun would be Dark Souls in around 1hr50mins with short bathroom breaks lol (blacksmith hammer with dukeskip, etc). Without the breaks it would be around 1hr45 so still nothing too special in the speedrun world, but for anyone who isn't good at the game that's pretty damn quick.

Apart from that I speedrunned a couple of Mortal Kombat games but that's whatever. To be honest dude I don't enjoy speedrunning as much as just 1CCing a game. And that's what I do on my stream, there's a few games that I do 1CCs of. Speedrunning is too much stress for me. Some people handle it better than others I guess. I just hate thinking that I can't even scratch my head at the wrong time without 'losing time'.

I noticed you followed my stream so thanks for that and I followed you back my friend.
Last edited by Nostalgia on January 29th, 2015, 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post January 29th, 2015, 7:11 am
eliaskeme Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

What Nos said. I really want to do a quick speedrun on Snow Bros but then again I don't know any faster way than waiting for the moment to get the 10k gifts to complete some floors so I waste time. Then again it's the safest way to do so (that's why I rarely hit a big score but always manage to get 2000000+ pts)

Post January 29th, 2015, 7:27 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I'd watch attempts Elias! I suck so bad at all those games so it would be cool to watch someone go for World Record.

Also that first stage in your video of Double Dragon 2, Cobros, the music is 'Phil Collins - Easy Lover' and I don't care what anyone says. It just is...

Post January 29th, 2015, 12:57 pm
DieCobros User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Nostalgia wrote:
I'd watch attempts Elias! I suck so bad at all those games so it would be cool to watch someone go for World Record.

Also that first stage in your video of Double Dragon 2, Cobros, the music is 'Phil Collins - Easy Lover' and I don't care what anyone says. It just is...

I've listened to both songs multiple times in the past and never really made the connection! They do sound quite similar.

Also, that was the first successful speedrun I've done, and I think it's fun, but definitely nerve wracking especially if you're trying to beat a specific time. That's generally an impressive time for Dark Souls at least in my eyes, I had a brief time playing it and then I just kinda stopped lol.

Post February 4th, 2015, 10:11 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Already told Cobros about it when I was streaming Killer Instinct 2 or something but I shaved about 6 minutes off my PB in Dark Souls any% a couple of nights ago. My 'real time' is 1hr50 (In Game Time 1hr45).

I'm pretty content with that. Anything under 2 hours for this game isn't too bad.

Post February 10th, 2015, 7:29 am
DieCobros User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

So, good news guys. I've just received news that I've won 3rd place in the Double Dragon speedrun contest!

That means I get a Master System cartridge of the first Double Dragon (Don't have a Master System, but still very cool nonetheless) and 3 codes to get anything on GOG that's $9.99 or less. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Next

Return to Just for Fun

Google+