Board index Just for Fun Speedruns, Anyone?

Speedruns, Anyone?

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Post March 25th, 2015, 2:15 pm
starlingmax User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Thanks for the video Nos, I'll watch it later, and then I'll watch your gameplay again in order to understand everything!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Post March 26th, 2015, 11:46 pm
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

No worries Max. I just got a 22:12 though so you might want to watch this one instead :P

It could have turned out better on YouTube so I might play with the settings, etc, a bit. It should be good enough for the leaderboard at least.

I've started recording them offline with OBS and uploading them to YouTube for various reasons (Twitch muting audio, resetting constantly/choking while people are watching my stream doesn't feel good, easier for me to get better quality offline, etc) and have decided I probably won't use a mic for these because not everyone wants to hear my voice :P

My stream will probably just be for MAME and stuff from this point I think. That way I don't need to worry about muted audio and can just have fun with the chat and stuff.

Edit - Completely unrelated but I perfected Eyedol on the stream 2nite, couldn't think of anywhere else to post this:

Post April 2nd, 2015, 1:46 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Sorry for the double-post, just wanted to mention that I just hit my goal of sub 22 with a 21:55 :D

So yeah I'm kinda done with SotN, can't be bothered going for a sub 21 gonna draw the line here.

Post April 11th, 2015, 2:30 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

:SM:

Wow, Nos, that's an absolutely awesome accomplishment! I can only imagine the amount of research and practice that goes into putting together a run like that. SotN was one of my most played PS1 games, but I had no idea that you could skip so many areas and bosses and still make it through to the end. Very well done! My hat is off to you, mate.

:hello:

Post April 11th, 2015, 5:00 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Thanks Pete :)

Post April 18th, 2015, 9:10 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I've been working on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow lately, already got a time that I'm happy with :)

Post April 18th, 2015, 7:10 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

The new Castlevania: LoS Mirrors of Fate, so far is pretty good. Better than he last Lord's of Shadow for sure.
You should check it out. It may be speedrun worthy?
Aria of Sorrow is my second favorite, SoN obviously is first for me.

Post April 21st, 2015, 10:09 pm
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I haven't really seen much of that game yet Chris, will check it out some more. But yeah I pretty much only ever wanted to speedrun some of the older ones. Speaking of which...

This will probably be the last game I speedrun for a while. Enjoy :)

Post August 16th, 2015, 1:58 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Not a PB here but I've been working on the original Castlevania for NES lately. Kinda messed up the recording window (it's been a while) but hope you enjoy, my PB is 14:49 which you can see in my splits. I think I can maybe get a sub 14 in a good run. Such a fun game, holy water OP!

Post August 17th, 2015, 6:22 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cool, Nos! :woot:

Funnily enough, I was giving my NES a checkup last week. Castlevania is always the first cartridge I plug in to see if it's still working OK. In the past, I usually keep dying at the section with the three ceiling traps:

Pic- http://i.ytimg.com/vi/t3NyV9k3Bv4/hqdefault.jpg

This time, however, I managed to make it through those traps for the first time that I can remember and eventually quit out somewhere in this section:

Pic - http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/cas ... 1112121929

Watching your run gives me hope that I might actually beat the game someday. :viking:

PreviousNext

Return to Just for Fun

Google+