NewNet Fun - Share your story

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

NewNet Fun - Share your story

Post by Incito » May 25th, 2014, 8:06 am

Some of us here at MA had the pleasure of playing on the Casual stream.
Please share you experience on the NewNet Causal Stream.

For those of you who never heard of this, check out the links below.
About the Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/NewNetHQ
These links are also in the MA Links on the top navagation.

MA GSO member and NewNet founder Atarix777 keeps an archive of the streams too! :thumbsup:
Also, Atarix777 would give out medals for his tournaments on the stream too!

I myself has had many. One such occasion was when Hierophant and myself representing team MA for not one, but 2 streams where we dominated on Summer night Slam Master.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: NewNet Fun - Share your story

Post by Nostalgia » May 25th, 2014, 8:53 am

I loved being a member of the NewNet stream team! We all used to do reviews and play with/against each other every week, all to a loyal bunch of viewers. It was great fun indeed. I used to love watching everyone's reviews and stuff, awesome times.

I remember Atarix hosted it on Justin.tv which towards the end was slowly becoming Twitch (which is pretty much a video streaming site purely for video games). JustinTV is kinda dead now in terms of gaming, but I still go back most nights thanks to endless Star Trek TNG, King of Queens and Horror marathons. JustinTV might not be about games anymore but there's still heaps of cool stuff on there if you ever get bored!

But back on topic, here's a favourite clip of mine :D
Bad Language Warning:

Plenty more NewNet videos on mine and a few other members' channels :)

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » May 27th, 2014, 3:58 am

Here we go with all the material that I still had from the streams back then (sadly just vlc quality, but better then nothing i guess)...

http://148.251.22.76/newnet/en/index.ph ... Itemid=329

Oh man, I just can't belive on how much trash talk we actually came up with during these fights :boxing:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » May 27th, 2014, 4:10 am

Ah yes, indeed, many good times were had on the the good ol' NewNet Live Stream. :woot:

I think the best overall stream we ever did was the Ninja Stream, were we managed to cover about 20 or so games with a ninja theme. I had three reviews prepared and a bunch of other games lined up for live play. One really cool thing that happened during the stream was that BackFowardPunch was excited enough by the concept that he quickly captured some NES gameplay footage of Kage, sent it to Atarix, and did a review on the fly. Not only was it amazing that he did that with no preparation, it was also incredible that we were able to fit it in to a schedule that was already totally jam-packed.

Here's some ninja action with Atarix and myself from that glorious day:

:ninja:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » May 27th, 2014, 4:51 am

I just found the Ninja Stream again, you can download it here: http://148.251.22.76/NNHQ/NNHQ-LiveStream_16-1.flv and http://148.251.22.76/NNHQ/NNHQ-LiveStream_16-2.flv

Oh man, I just saw the intro... Not to bad for the tech. possiblities that we had back then, this stream was the technically for sure the best one that we ever had :D

Now that I think about it it would like to do something like this agian, but I just do not have the time these days anymore, too... :crying:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » May 27th, 2014, 7:21 am

I can certainly understand not having the time Atarix. If it were not for my admin and Mods, MA would more than likely no longer be up or disarray.

I am happy that you still have the archive up for download. Are these also on your youtube channel?

I was always impressed by the production level of the stream, especially since it was live.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » May 27th, 2014, 7:32 am

I tried to upload them once to youtube, but they have been claimed for copyright issues before they had even been processed ;)

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » May 27th, 2014, 8:35 am

I've been watching some of the old streams thanks to that link you posted Atarix :) Just got done watching some Counter-Strike gungame action with me, you, Jeliahz and a couple of other guys from the chat. Good times indeed!

I know something like this will probably never happen again but thanks a lot for those times, I had so much fun and you were a great host. You should feel really proud, especially considering all the various technical issues you had to deal with live while most of us were just sitting back and relaxing... I'm pretty sure the software available these days like OBS would make it a lot easier if you ever decided to try something like this again mate. Regardless, this was a strong highlight in my gaming life that I will NEVER forget.

I hope you and your lovely wife are both well.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » June 4th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Thx a lot for the nice words Nos :cheers:

Over here its all fine, also the lovley wife is still lovley :wistle:

Well, one day - when they will finally give me more upstream - I will maybe do something like this again. I was always watching forward to the "Streamdays" during the week (even tough it was kind of hard work ^^), it felt like beeing a kid going to the arcades :sparta: