Dark Souls II

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Dark Souls II

Post by Hierophant » September 14th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Sounds great, Chris! Will you get into Dark Souls first or go straight for Dark Souls II?

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » September 15th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Still wondering of I should dare since it require loads of time grinding, from what I here? I would go strait to II.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 20th, 2014, 2:36 am

I haven't fully played through DkS II yet, but from what I have played so far, it feels more "grindy" to me than DkS. In DkS II it seems like upgrade materials for your equipment are few and far between compared to DkS.

I dunno, maybe that was intentional by the developers. In a way, it could be a good thing. You have to think hard about what kind of setup you want for your character before spending your precious materials. Thinking about your gear is a big part of the fun in the Souls games. You can become quite attached to a particular set of weapons and armour once you've gone to the trouble of fully upgrading them.

:viking:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » October 8th, 2014, 8:39 am

I hope everyone is still enjoying this game. Having a constant 60fps is so nice on PC.

Has anyone gotten into the DLC yet? I've finished all 3 parts now but still have lots of exploring to do.

If you would like a summon to help you with a boss or something please ask here but it will only work for NG+ (and beyond) for me because NG can't summon NG+ and vice versa.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 12th, 2014, 7:24 am

Yeah, mate, I haven't played DkSII as much as I'd like to over recent weeks, but it's a blast when I do. The reason being, I somehow lost all my Visual Pinball stuff, probably in one of those PC crashes a while back. I went looking for it recently because I felt like playing some pinball again after so long, but it was nowhere to be found. Strange, since I have a backup of all my other emulators. Anyway, I'm slowly building it up again now.

I feel like I should beat the main game before I go for any DkSII DLC action. A few weeks ago I seemed to have run out of new places to visit, except for Drangleic Castle and The Pit in Majula. Argh, I'd been dreading going down there! I finally decided it was time to put on a brave face and venture forth. Man, what a land of corruption I found below. One thing that really freaked me out about The Gutter was the sound of your character's heartbeat, which gets faster the deeper you descend. That was so terrifying! And then there were still the mysteries and horrors of The Black Gulch to face after that. Going from the drop into The Pit to defeating The Rotten is a great section of the game.

Last time I played I was working my way up Drangleic Castle. That's been hard going for my sorcerer with all the tough melee enemies I've encountered there so far. I normally only summon help for boss fights, if needs be, but Drangleic Castle seems like the first place I've been to where it might be necessary to summon help just to progress through the area. I noticed that there were a fair few summon signs near the first bonfire, so I guess that's an indication that it may the the best course of action to take.