Board index Just for Fun Dark Souls II

Dark Souls II

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Post March 6th, 2014, 12:33 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Inb4 Nos! :tongue:

Hey, Nos, I put in my pre-order for Dark Souls II on PC at EB the other day. They said I get the Armour Edition for the same price as the standard issue because I pre-ordered.

Anyway, it's gonna be hectic when the game finally comes out. I look forward to exploring a new world of untold terror and hardship with you, soulbro.

:viking: :wizard:

Post March 6th, 2014, 5:02 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Yeah mate I can't wait, wish they would hurry up with a release date though!

Edit - Release date confirmed for April 25th.

Post March 7th, 2014, 2:25 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That's cool. I'll have some time to get warmed up playing the first Dark Souls till then.

Post March 11th, 2014, 10:46 am
ChameleonAlpha User avatar
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

I have to catch up and play the previous 2. I'll probably get to Dark Souls 2 in april 2017.

Post March 11th, 2014, 6:54 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

One year on each game sounds about right if you're gonna get into it properly. :wink:

There are still things I haven't tried in Dark Souls yet. I never made a Giant Dad, or a Dragon Bro, or attempted a Soul Level 1 challenge. I dunno how those things will fair when the new game comes out on PC. Right now, I like to think that I'll still return to Dark Souls here and there, but I'm guessing that Dark Souls II will end up keeping me occupied for a long time before any of that nostalgia sets in.

Post March 12th, 2014, 5:40 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

SL1 is fun and not too hard Pete, I did another one the other night in one sitting. Beating a boss like 4kings at SL1 feels good though.

I don't own any consoles anymore but a mate is dropping off his 360 and the game for me tomorrow morning for as long as I want as he is getting it on PS3 tomorrow :D Can't wait to get started! Really gotta avoid a lot of websites at the moment, so many spoilers flying around.

ChameleonAlpha - The first two are both great games, I definitely recommend playing both in any order.

Post March 13th, 2014, 12:26 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

No spoilers for me, please! I've still got over a month to wait for my copy of Dark Souls II. :hello:

In the meantime, I will start an SL1 character in Dark Souls tonight.

Post March 13th, 2014, 4:24 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

No worries Pete, all I'll say is it is AWESOME and will be even better on PC with higher resolution etc. Really impressed with what they've done with the 360 version though.

As far as spoilers go Pete, I really would avoid looking up the game at all. I started to watch a trailer the other day and it was showing all these bosses really fast so I had to quickly close out of it!

Edit - I forgot to mention that Mat said he's looking forward to playing with you as well on PC mate. Geez it was a while ago now but we used to smash some heads in Dark Souls 1 when we were all summoned together!

Post March 14th, 2014, 2:41 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'm trying to be extra careful to avoid spoilers, especially on YouTube. I accidentally clicked on a Dark Souls II gameplay vid the other day. I didn't pay close enough attention to the title or whatever and thought it was just good old Dark Souls. I clicked away as soon as I realised what was up, though.

It's gonna be good times when Mat, you, and I all have the PC version online.

Post March 14th, 2014, 9:49 am
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Even if something happens between now and PC release which spoils some things for you, there is so much in the game that it won't really matter mate. I haven't even began to scratch the surface yet and have pumped in a fair few hours.

Next

Return to Just for Fun

Google+