Post May 13th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post May 14th, 2014, 12:34 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Like I said, BFP, I never knew audio like that existed on the NES (albeit with help from the FDS). Your posts have been educational for me.

:hello:

Very cool guitar medleys, too.

This one struck a chord with me... Hurh hurh! :tongue:

Post June 24th, 2014, 12:03 am
starlingmax User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I've been listening to this lately... It's my all time favourite Sonic theme, Marble Zone, interpreted by Smooth McGroove.

Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Post November 17th, 2014, 9:29 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You know stuff is about to get real in Super Castlevania IV when you hear this ominous music! :cold:

Post November 20th, 2014, 7:52 pm
Nostalgia User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Castlevania 4 is tied for me with SotN for best CV music. After that would be CV3 Dracula's Curse (the Japanese version).

I've been playing Final Fantasy IX lately (i'm about an hour into Disc 2) and some of the music in this game is so powerful for me.

Post November 22nd, 2014, 10:49 am
PantherUK User avatar

Now this is proper quality..! The Last Ninja, Wastelands level... Commodore 64 goes metal... :liil:

Ooer... No pictures...

Post August 13th, 2015, 6:19 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

We are coming up on a year and no one has posted in the music corner. :shame:

Time to bring it back. This is the forum thread that started my MA trek after all. IN my absence I played a ton of Skyirm. I absolutely love the beginning music. You know it's going to be a good game every time you turn it on and hear this.

My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post August 14th, 2015, 7:07 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I was checking up on some things at EB Games the other day (that's the Aussie arm of GameStop). Lo and behold, I happened upon two wondrous items; Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition! It's difficult to convey how much surprise and excitement I felt at that moment. My beloved Forgotten Realms games, the true incarnations of Dungeons & Dragons on the PC, totally redone for modern systems!

:ohmy: :woot: :hooray:

Even though I've already had all of the original Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale stuff for years (and also not forgetting Neverwinter Nights), I purchased them both without delay. I later wondered why they didn't also have the first Baldur's Gate as an Enhanced Edition. I did some research and it does exist, but apparently as a digital download only. I guess that the fan response to that one must have been good enough for the developers to decide to do hard copy versions of these subsequent titles.

Considering the epicness of what Thulsa just posted, these tracks seem very fitting:

Post August 14th, 2015, 11:11 am
PantherUK User avatar

Pretty sure this should go in here purely for the content of the video itself... Seriously, all the guys know I'm a Maiden nut, the avatar etc. gives it away, but watch the video, very cool video game and album references...

Ooer... No pictures...

Post August 14th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

Pretty cool Panther. I like it

Next up for me is some Fallout 3. I can roam the Wasteland for hours just listening to the ambient tracks.

My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

PreviousNext

Return to Just for Fun

Google+