Zen of Arcade 1CC

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Re: Zen of Arcade 1CC

Post by BenCQ » May 1st, 2017, 9:18 am

Seraph wrote:Love me some Tekken! Very cool bro.
I've got another Tekken video lined up as well with a different game in the series so hopefully you'll like that one too! It was a load of fun to put together!

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BenCQ » May 1st, 2017, 9:21 am

Hierophant wrote:In response to your Wrestlefest 1CC, BenCQ, I just wanna say, "LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL!!!" :liil:
I, Hulk...Hogan, have a question...to answer your question. As you, Hulk Hogan, travel to...WRESTLEMANIA...by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize ALL THAT IS LEFT is total self-destruction, do you, Hulk Hogan, show self-pity? DO YOU, Hulk Hogan, try to reason why? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you?

Or do you, Hulk Hogan, kick the doors out? Kick the cockpit door down. Take the two pilots that have already made the sacrifice so that you can face the challenge. Dispose of them, Hulk Hogan. Assume the controls, Hulk Hogan. SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSEDIVE, HULK HOGAN! Push yourself to total self-dstruction. As you realize, Hulk Hogan, you are about to enter a world close to Parts Unknown. Ah, smell it, warriors. Do you, Hulk Hogan, look for a place to hide? Or do you, Hulk Hogan, face the challenge that may be more powerful than EVEN YOU ARE, HULK HOGAN!

You, Hulk Hogan, must self-destruct so that you will know, Hulk Hogan, who is...The Chose One. FOR HULK HOGAN, I am not the Chosen One...that you speak of. I am not. I, Hulk Hogan, am...the only...one...

Warrior's promos were the best thing ever.
10/10 for Rocket Fuel reference!

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Tekken 2 - Arcade - One Credit Clear

Post by BenCQ » May 3rd, 2017, 6:30 am

Tekken 2 - Arcade - One Credit Clear

A first class ticket to Suplex City here as I take on Tekken 2 with King!

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » May 3rd, 2017, 3:22 pm

I kept looking for 1CCs that weren't done even on Youtube from my Top 100 Arcade list. I found the first one I'm gonna do! Trog! Side note: King is my brother's favorite. I liked Kazuya, Paul, and Hwoarang.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » May 4th, 2017, 3:30 am

Great choice, Seraph. I don't remember anyone clearing an arcade maze game in here before.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » May 4th, 2017, 11:11 am

I went back and literally everything else has been 1CCed. Even Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, X-Men Children of the Atom, and X-Men vs. Street Fighter. Everything in every category. I suppose some may or may not be legit but still. Guess still can do Trog! Haha!
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Street Fighter Alpha - Arcade - One Credit Clear

Post by BenCQ » May 10th, 2017, 6:10 am

Street Fighter Alpha - Arcade - One Credit Clear

Another one for you good people.
I'm on a run with these beat 'em ups at the moment.
Sagat is ridiculously overpowered.
Also King for life re: the Tekken videos.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » May 15th, 2017, 8:34 am

I made several attempts to beat Trog 1CC and it won't be easy. I have to have a solid playthrough and not miss out on the warps. Finishing it fast and avoiding as many mistakes as possible will be key. Warps are allowed on 1CC runs right?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » May 18th, 2017, 3:51 am

I never saw how warps work in Trog, but I'm guessing they're a legit, though secret, part of the game. I checked Trog at MAME Action Replay Page (MARP) and there was no mention of warps in their rules.

http://replay.marpirc.net/index.cgi?mod ... short=trog

The bit about deleting NVRAM there is common to most games in order to ensure reliable playback of input.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » May 18th, 2017, 9:40 am

The warps are very hard to catch because you need to do three things to get them:

1. The warp only shows up by making the last egg you touch the one that flickers a small bit of light at the start of the round. Oh and man does this happen fast so it's very easy to miss it. Worst part is many rounds don't have it so you just have to keep an eye out.

2. Don't die! If you die you will miss your opportunity to get the warp. This gets hard for two reasons, running across that egg could save your life, or the round is tough making it difficult to do on one life.

3. You still gotta make it to that warp after all that headache.

The warps are still worth it because if you get good enough you have a better chance at getting to the final level with as many lives as possible to get the 1CC! By the way, the last level is intense and you need every life to secure the win. Man this challenge is gonna be fun.