Zen of Arcade 1CC

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Re: Zen of Arcade 1CC

Post by BenCQ » February 17th, 2017, 5:43 am

Hierophant wrote:That was interesting about the quick cease and desist your operator got for running a Champion Edition hack. The M4 hack I mentioned earlier lasted in one my local arcades for quite a while. I played it a lot once I realised what it was. Sure was great for some cheap thrills.
I know it's unreal isn't it. I really enjoyed this video and it was all kinds of fun to put together. I love how I discovered half way through that Guile was even more overpowered than I remembered him. That whole bit with the three million slow sonic booms is hilarious looking back at it. I'm going to have a look for the M4, it sounds amazing. I'm working through Combat School at the moment. Just got to get my last level game down. I'll be sure to post the video when I get a good clear!

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 21st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Love the Rainbow 1CC. I think Hierophant did one last night on the live twitch stream.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 21st, 2017, 11:46 pm

Yeah, I accidentally 1CC'ed two Champion Edition hacks on yesterday's MAME Addicts stream: Rainbow and Kouryu.

SFII' Brutal Edition - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123599483

I might do some Dramatic Battle Mode next week to continue the madness. :woot:

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Combat School - Arcade - One Credit Clear

Post by BenCQ » March 15th, 2017, 7:17 am

Combat School - Arcade - One Credit Clear

Combat School One Credit Clear as talked about above.

I left a few outtakes in at the end as well.

Last level is obscenely difficult.

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BenCQ » March 15th, 2017, 7:21 am

Incito wrote:Love the Rainbow 1CC. I think Hierophant did one last night on the live twitch stream.
Thanks very much for checking out the content, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a video I still get a lot of questions about.
I find it fascinating how it unknowingly influenced Capcom's choice in developing a faster version of Champion Edition.
There's so many hacks out there as well. I'm going to do another version One Credit soon. Just got to find a good one!

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BenCQ » March 15th, 2017, 7:22 am

Hierophant wrote:Yeah, I accidentally 1CC'ed two Champion Edition hacks on yesterday's MAME Addicts stream: Rainbow and Kouryu.

SFII' Brutal Edition - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123599483

I might do some Dramatic Battle Mode next week to continue the madness. :woot:
Nice!

I'll check this out for sure.

I really enjoy seeing all the different mods and versions of SFII.
It's so interesting the way it changes gameplay mechanics as a result.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » March 16th, 2017, 1:09 am

Hey BenCQ, That Combat school 1CC was really nice, I love these kind of games but I didn't know about this one, which is strange since its made by Konami! So, thanks for introducing me to this game man!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

BenCQ
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BenCQ » March 16th, 2017, 4:26 am

starlingmax wrote:Hey BenCQ, That Combat school 1CC was really nice, I love these kind of games but I didn't know about this one, which is strange since its made by Konami! So, thanks for introducing me to this game man!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was really hard to get that last level down but it was worth it in the end. It's one of the more unforgiving levels that I've played in running my series of videos.

I originally played this on the Spectrum 48k and never played the arcade version but it holds up really really well.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » March 22nd, 2017, 3:23 am

Combat School is news to me, too. That last stage was a complete turnaround from the rest of the game. The positioning and timing required for success looked quite brutal.

wizkid

The King of Dragons 1CC

Post by wizkid » March 28th, 2017, 2:45 am

The King of Dragons 1CC

Hello. I've read this thread about a year ago, really inspired me to try harder. Finally decided to register.
I've recently 1cc'ed The King of Dragons(my first beat 'em up clear) while streaming it on twitch, uploaded it to youtube and added some commentary(in form of subtitles) that might help someone to clear this game.
Anyway here it is.