Zen of Arcade 1CC

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Re: Zen of Arcade 1CC

Post by ChameleonAlpha » July 1st, 2014, 11:33 am

Of course. Most of the deaths came after Mission 4, with the boss being the worst part. I remember I thought I was going to beat it in one life, but the red drones at the end got me. I was thinking of doing a video with the best deaths and play it to Safety Dance, but that would've taken a long time due to using the ".inp" method of recording.
Anyway, it was only when I realized that I had a month left that I started trying on normal difficulty with 3 lives. The time constraint only made it hyper.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 5th, 2014, 2:10 am

One thing that impressed me about ChameleonAlpha's 1CC was the zombie trick. That is, the fact that when you get zombified, you become immune to regular enemy fire (you can still be killed by zombie attacks, though). I never knew that trick before, so I was majorly surprised when I saw it in effect. Like wow. Cool trick, bro!

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » July 20th, 2014, 2:42 pm

Chameleon! Excelent gameplay man, the first thing I noticed when I saw your video was how long it was! almost an hour! That alone is a huge aspect of a game's difficulty, some games are hard, but they are short, so lets say for instance you want to beat Contra. Contra is hard, but is really short, you can beat it in less than 15 minutes! so basically if you are attempting to beat that game, you have 4 tries per hour, that's a lot! But if you're trying to beat Metal Slug 3, you have just 1 try per hour!!! That is by itself a huge aspect of the game's difficulty! On the other hand, let's not forget that the game is also hard in a classical way! lots of bullets/enemies, etc, I also noticed there's a lot of areas where you are expected to die in a cheap way... So I can only assume the pain that was!
Congratulations man, you're a true master :ninja: and I'm glad to know you're going to be around more often! :smile:
Hierophant wrote:One thing that impressed me about ChameleonAlpha's 1CC was the zombie trick. That is, the fact that when you get zombified, you become immune to regular enemy fire (you can still be killed by zombie attacks, though). I never knew that trick before, so I was majorly surprised when I saw it in effect. Like wow. Cool trick, bro!
Totally agree on this, I was also really surprised when I saw that tactic!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Post by ChameleonAlpha » July 24th, 2014, 7:23 am

Thanks, Max! I always enjoy your Beat 'Em Up runs. I could never beat those myself.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Haunted Castle - 1CC

Post by starlingmax » December 1st, 2014, 7:32 pm

Haunted Castle - 1CC

This one is for you Nos :friends:

I'm sorry for being so late with this 1CC, but I've been extremely busy this last year, it was my last year as a student of History (I still have some finals though), so I'll be becoming a teacher pretty soon, that's why I've been absent from time to time, but I'm planning to be here more often and also making more 1CCs.
If anyone wants some 1CC done, just ask and I'll try my best to make it happen.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » December 2nd, 2014, 8:31 am

Nice! I commented on your channel. :thumbsup:
I plan on going through all the 1CCs and sharing them on twitter and facebook page. The WORLD must bare witness to the awesome powers of you all. :devlish:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 4th, 2014, 10:34 am

Max you are a freak nice going mate :P

Good work.

I love the music in this game so much, especially stage 2.

But good on you for doing IT ALL!

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Wardner - 1CC

Post by starlingmax » December 4th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Wardner - 1CC

Hey guys, I had this video in "private" mode since may 2013, I've never plublished it before because there was already a Wardner gameplay by Sneekyweezel, so I saw no point in publishing my own, but since all of sneeky's videos has been erased from this thread, I think now is a good time to make it public.
Please note that in the youtube video it says "Published on Dec 4, 2014" but this is the date I made the video "public".
Incito wrote:Nice! I commented on your channel. :thumbsup:
I plan on going through all the 1CCs and sharing them on twitter and facebook page. The WORLD must bare witness to the awesome powers of you all. :devlish:
Thanks Incito! :smile: It's always an honor to be featured in mameaddicts! :bow:
Nostalgia wrote:Max you are a freak nice going mate :P

Good work.

I love the music in this game so much, especially stage 2.

But good on you for doing IT ALL!
Thanks Nos, and sorry for taking so long.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 20th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Max, many thanks for your 1CCs of Haunted Castle and Wardner. Your skill never ceases to amaze me! :SM:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 25th, 2015, 8:52 am

:hehe: Ha Ha.
Great job on the 1CC! You make it look easy.