Board index Arcade Cabinets and More! Q on cutting out holes on a CPO

Q on cutting out holes on a CPO

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Post August 29th, 2017, 4:24 pm
Lershy User avatar
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

I managed to get the buttons cut out on my overlay without much of a fuss, but I am securing plexiglass over it to prevent my CPO from getting scratched up. I made 4 holes on top and bottom of the CP but am having difficulty getting the holes punched out on the overlay. What methods do you guys use? I was told to use a paperclip but its doing more tearing than anything else. I was thinking a sewing needle might do the trick? Let me know what you guys have for ideas. (The screw holes were made with a 1/8 drill bit on the control panel BTW, if that helps.)

Post August 29th, 2017, 4:40 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

What material is the overlay made of?
Mine was photo paper. I just used an exacto knife.

Post August 29th, 2017, 7:30 pm
Lershy User avatar
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Polycarbate Laminate is all that I know about it. I've tried with sewing needles, they don't make such a tear but the holes are even smaller.

Post September 12th, 2017, 5:29 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'm not a cab builder, but I think a wad punch would be ideal for that job, so long as you can get the right size.

Post September 28th, 2017, 10:36 am
Lershy User avatar
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

An exacto knife and a paper clip got the work done. Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Next question though.. does anybody here use the Xin Mo adapter for their buttons and joysticks? I am running a daisy chain short to wire up my last two joysticks and no site carries just the wires for their adapter. They are .187 wires in case anybody is wondering. I need to find somebody that just sells the wires with the ending that works with the Xin Mo.

Thanks much if any help can be offered.

Return to Arcade Cabinets and More!

Google+