Board index Arcade Cabinets and More! Smile station - My build blog

Smile station - My build blog

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Post March 12th, 2014, 8:04 am
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

Do you have a template for that build? I would love to use it. :smile:

Post March 12th, 2014, 8:08 am
smile123 User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Unfortunately no I have just made it up as I went along based on the two side panels I cut out. The width is based on a full sheet of mdf 607mm wide which made it easy for all the inserts etc... I would be happy to measure any of it but I cant even tell you how tall it is without measuring it. I have just tried to address each stage one at a time rather than follow a plan which probably isnt the best way heh heh!
Adopt - Adapt - Improve

Post April 1st, 2014, 6:58 pm
smile123 User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

I made a base for my cabinet. box construction with some 4 inch castors.

Fitted better than I thought

I tried to make the speaker panel as simple as possible. Downloaded a pattern of dots from Google images and rescaled it in photoshop. The perfect drilling template after my failed router attempts lol

Hacked some Pc speakers for the panel and mounted a kitchen cabinet light behind the marquis. These wire in series so could easily run a wire down into the base for another one if needed later. I made a back for the light out of 8mm foamex to stop the light shing down into the screen area highlighting any gaps and being white it seems to direct more light out front which is a bonus.

Finally got the PC sorted - It was a server originally and although it isn't very old it lacks suitable ports to upgrade the sound and graphics. Dual core with 4gb ram and a 250gb hard drive salvaged from a TV digibox lol. The bass speaker sits nicely down there too but I'm thinking about mounting the bass speaker on a shelf and placing the pc on it's side to aid cooling...

Screen is perfect, 21.3 inch 4:3 Samsung and the sound is awesome too....so far so good!

Adopt - Adapt - Improve

Post April 1st, 2014, 7:03 pm
smile123 User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Adopt - Adapt - Improve

Post May 12th, 2014, 4:24 pm
smile123 User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Sorry about the gap.. meanwhile I finished my arcade!!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4663_n.jpg
Adopt - Adapt - Improve

Post May 13th, 2014, 1:29 am
PantherUK User avatar

Looks ace mate, thanks for sharing your build with us...

Post September 2nd, 2014, 11:55 am
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

Great build. I posted it on the MA facebook page. :thumbsup:

Post September 3rd, 2014, 4:39 am
smile123 User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Great stuff... I'll see if I can find time to upload pictures to the thread which might fill in the gaps. It's running Maximus arcade now and works great. It mainly plays music all day every day in our shop via Spotify. Its running of the wi-fi in our shop.
Adopt - Adapt - Improve

Previous

Return to Arcade Cabinets and More!

Google+