Arcade PC

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
offremike
Favorite Game: Street Fighter 3

Arcade PC

Post by offremike » December 1st, 2017, 9:04 am

I'm building myself a separate PC specifically for Consoles Pre-Dreamcast and Arcade games Pre-2004 (ish).
I have plans to buy a Radeon HD 5000 series gpu, a decent or better CRT (or Broadcast monitor) and I currently have Launchbox.
I'm sure there's posts about getting 240p/15khz via pc gpu, configuring Launchbox or MAME to start once the computer starts and Suggestions of CRT TV/CRT monitor/Broadcast Monitor models. I'm hoping someone can lead me to them so no one feels like they have to repeat any information (but you can if you don't mind).

I've gamed on a higher end PC but I'm not interested in buying a high end LED monitor with high refresh rates if it's going to "upscale" KOF 95 and not have 0 response time when I can buy a CRT TV for $20 and get good (if not better) results. I'm also old enough that I've played a lot of these games either in arcades or having the retro consoles being played on CRT TVs during the 90s (and early 2000s), so I know the difference. I say all of that for anyone who's going to suggest just using my current machine and adding a bunch of plugins to get a retro "feel".

Thank you for any necessary feedback/advice.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Arcade PC

Post by Incito » December 4th, 2017, 11:24 pm