MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 Compatibility Issues

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 Compatibility Issues

Post by Hierophant » October 11th, 2010, 8:57 am

Same story as the previous post, needed Rage of the Dragons for online play but it wasn't working from the usual places. Eventually found a 119 compatible version at coolrom.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 28th, 2010, 12:58 am

For SNK fans who wanna play Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 - The Newcomers in 119, go to romhustler.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 10th, 2010, 7:32 pm

This was mentioned in an earlier EDIT, here, but since it's regarding the all-important Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan, 990512, NO CD) for Kaillera netplay, it's worth mentioning again.

With the current download issues at rom-world (more info on that here) our member, Mydriasis, hunted around and found out that coolrom also has a 119 compatible version of SFIII3S Japan NO CD.

Thanks mate! :hello:

Mr Red Bull

Post by Mr Red Bull » December 2nd, 2010, 12:26 pm

I'm having problems getting Gauntlet to run on Mame Plus! Plus! 0.119

I've tried all versions in zip, however problem lies with the (Rev14) original so probs was waste of time trying any of the others. After getting this from various places none will successfully audit.

Here's the weirdest thing, checking the folder against both the rom list next game in list and even after trying to run anyway, both list and error list say it's missing the roms that are in the the rom directory I have created. It seems to think there are none of the files required to play in the directory, yet I know they are there and directory is correctly labelled.

Any ideas on what could be wrong or even just someone who could download the rom zip just to verify I'm not going mad.

Most irritating thing is I had it working on earlier versions of mame plus, even still have one earlier version which installed just to check it on there and that version doesn't seem to find any roms either. I just don't get it.

Can't even settle for any of the other Guantlet games as they don't seem to audit either, only version that will work is Playchoice 10 version and I don't think I need to mention how bad that version is.

Thanks in advance.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 2nd, 2010, 6:09 pm

G'day :hello:

I just tried Gauntlet (rev 14) from romnation in 0.119 and, unfortunately, it was not compatible. I always try romnation first as they pack all the clones with the parent into one zip; convenient when it works. Not to worry though. I tried Gauntlet (rev 14) from coolrom next and it works fine in 0.119. Coolrom list all the clones separately from the parent though, so if you're finicky about having everything in the set then it's gonna take twenty downloads.

Mr Red Bull

Post by Mr Red Bull » December 2nd, 2010, 7:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, and I have now got it working.

However I now realise that I have been a victim of my of misguidedness, I unwittingly lied in my previous post, I said that directory was correct, I now realise that it was not quite right.

Seems without seeing on various permutations, I could not see what was right in front of my eyes! How stupid can I be to type on many occasions Guantlet and not notice, that it should Gauntlet. Maybe some were wrong and spelling was correct, however most Zips were correct, but my spelling was not. Red Faced can not fully explain the visual image you could see if you saw me now!

Still if not for your reply and a realisation at moment of reading I probably wouldn't of noticed my mistake. Through your answer I have what I seek, seems at least 90% of original roms I downloaded would have worked if I spelled the word correctly. Thanks to you I have comprehended my error and now can happily play some levels of one of my favoured old arcade games :)

Embarrassedly
Mr Red Bull (Simon)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 3rd, 2010, 4:25 am

Haha, no worries mate. Directory problems weren't my first guess but I was pondering the possibility in case it didn't turn out to be a compatibility issue.

:V:

jcho6171

Post by jcho6171 » December 29th, 2010, 11:31 am

Hi i'm trying to play star gladiator 1 and 2 but i can't get it to work. Its not located in the non working section and everytime i download the roms they don't appear on the available folder. Is there any version other than mame plus plus 0.119 that will play these games. Or are these games not working. Do you know the cause.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 29th, 2010, 9:48 pm

G'day jcho6171 :hello:

Since it seems like you're new to all this, I would suggest that you do some homework and read the MAME FAQs. Refer back to them occasionally if you're ever stuck. Doing so will improve your basic knowledge of MAME immensely and allow you to fix little problems like this on your own. For example:
MAME FAQs wrote:Q2. c) The game could require other files like b10$ or CHD in order to work. Check the game's info at MAWS. Download any other necessary components and add them to the MAME roms folder as per instructions (see Q5 - Q8 for more detailed info on b10$ and CHD).
Star Gladiator is one of those games. When you get Star Gladiator at romnation they're kind enough to inform you that the game also needs the cpzn1 bios and link straight to it.
MAME FAQs wrote:Q2. d) The game could be a clone. Clones are offset in the Grouped list and normally require the parent (original) version of the rom in order to work. Get the parent version and try again.
Plasma Sword (USA 980316) is the parent of Star Gladiator 2. This game needs the cpzn2 bios.

Very easily fixed once you understand some basic principles that have been provided in the MAME FAQs. :wink:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » December 29th, 2010, 10:37 pm

:clapping:

Well done sir.