MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 Compatibility Issues

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
razgriz21
Favorite Game: Crusin World

Re: MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 Compatibility Issues

Post by razgriz21 » March 8th, 2010, 1:36 am

Thanks.

Seems to mostly work.

Just need to get War: Final Assasult right.

Also trying to set up the calibration on Beastbusters.

Tera Burst would also be a welcome addition among Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Killer Instinct.
MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » March 8th, 2010, 1:58 am

Well, both War: The Final Assault and Teraburst are still in preliminary emulation status at the time of writing (don't work yet in other words) so that's nothing to do with 119 compatibility. Same goes for Beast Busters calibration; if you're still stuck with calibration issues after trying to work it out for yourself then please make a new topic here in the MAME Help forums because it's not really relevant to this particular thread.

treyhoov3
Gamer
Gamer

Post by treyhoov3 » March 11th, 2010, 4:07 pm

So Mame 32 (V119?) Is out dated? I thought it was the gold standard for MAME because of its GUI. I liked playing G.I.Joe, and it just didn't work out. Could it be that there are a whole list of games that might have problems with MAME 32? Does this mean I may have to start from scratch to be able to play some of the games i like?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » March 11th, 2010, 9:27 pm

If you looked at it that way then every version of MAME would be "outdated" as soon as a new official version was released since MAME development is a continually evolving process. Any version of MAME ever released has a "whole list of games" with problems as the MAME Dev Team continues to strive for perfection in emulation.

The main reason that MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 remains popular today is because it's the last version ever to include official Kaillera support, which is why I still use it. Wanna know why that's so important? Have a look at the Online MAME thread. Another really cool feature of MAME32 ++ 119 is video blitters like 2xSaI for enhanced image display. Not all MAME builds have blitters. And like I always say, MAME32 ++ 119 is a good user-friendly build with a large supply of easy to find compatible roms for getting newbies started. Once they have a decent working knowledge of MAME from using MAME32 ++ 119 they'll be much better prepared to explore the wider world of MAME emulation.

In the meantime this thread will continue to offer advice and support for specific MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 compatibility issues.

:SM:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 26th, 2010, 1:30 am

Another important thing to realise when trying to get games to work in MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 is that there is a very useful Not Working list. This list can be found with all the other folders in the left field of the GUI. Clicking the Not Working folder will open the full list of 836 games (parents and clones) that, for whatever reason, were not working in MAME version 0.119.

To save time and frustration it's worth quickly checking the Not Working list before going on a rom hunt.

:V:

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » August 27th, 2010, 2:00 am

I've been gone a bit but I heard that there are new versions of Kaillera. These versions seem to suck so I'm wondering if it's worth still hunting down a complete .119 set; or if I should just stick to P2P. Does P2P work with the newest versions of MAME?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 27th, 2010, 2:26 am

Yeah, I got excited about those new versions of Kaillera MAME a while back until I figured out that they really do suck. I'll be sticking with P2P Kaillera in MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 for now.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » August 27th, 2010, 2:36 am

Awww so P2P won't work in new versions? If not I'm gonna continue hunting for a .119 complete set.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 28th, 2010, 12:02 am

From memory, these new "unofficial" Kaillera MAMEs are less use than a baseball bat made of cheese. At least you could eat a cheese bat.

:tongue:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 28th, 2010, 12:08 am

Here's a little tidbit of info. I needed to get Waku Waku 7 for some online play but the game wasn't at romnation or rom-world either. I kept doing the rounds though and eventually got it working in 119 from romhustler.