How to Record Gameplay Videos in MAMEPlus!

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
boisestate78
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Recording Video in Mame32 plus plus.119

Post by boisestate78 » February 8th, 2011, 9:49 pm

O. k. I ve been playing around with my mame32 plus plus and I found a recording feature. I ve been able to start and stop the recording but where does the file go? What format is it in? And can I make my own video snaps? If I can make my own video snaps what is the process.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Recording Video in Mame32 plus plus.119

Post by Nostalgia » February 8th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Watch this video tutorial that Hierophant made:

Here's an example of a video I recorded using this tutorial:

It works most of the time. If the game you want to record doesn't work with that method then there is another way which Hiero also discovered. But yeah most games will work using this method so see how you go with that first because otherwise it gets a bit more complicated and additional software will be required. It just depends on the game.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Recording Video in Mame32 plus plus.119

Post by Hierophant » February 9th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Yes, that's how I do it in normal MAMEPlus! but for MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 it's more complicated.

First off, you'll need to assign an AVI record hotkey if you haven't done so already. From the in-game tab menu go Input (general)>Special Controls>choose an input for AVI Record. I use "M" for movie to make it easy to remember. Exit back to the GUI.

Highlight a game on your Available list and go File>Play to AVI Record...>press OK. At this point and you'll see a message about the hotkey. Press OK and the screen will go black. Press the Windows key and you'll see a little window for selecting the recording codec. I recommend XviD MPEG-4 for that. Now, once the game starts, you can use the hotkey to toggle AVI Recording on or off. By default, the movie will end up in the avi folder of the MAME32 Plus! Plus! 0.119 root directory.

samael302

Re: How to Record Gameplay Videos in MAMEPlus!

Post by samael302 » April 25th, 2011, 1:20 pm

For those of you who had the particular problem of NOT having the option of Stereo Mix, all you have to do is:
Right Click on your Sound Icon which is located on the bottom of the screen.
Then you choose: Recording Devices.
I'm sure you have seen this F :lipssealed: Screen before, many times while trying to find the Stereo Mix option...
But here's the trick...
Right click on the Microphone or whatever device is there and choose the option from the window: Show Unavailable Devices (or something, I am Using the Spanish Widows vista, it pretty much says that, I'm sure :meh: .)
And there it is...the son of a b :lipssealed:
You right click on it and you will enable it. And then you establish it as the main device.

DONE :done:
:V:

Now, if you did it right, you should open ZD Soft Game Recorder 1.5 :bow:
go to Audio tab
AND THERE IT IS, STEREO MIX OPTION! :stare:
:V:
HAVE FUN, PLAY A LOT, VIDEO RECORD IT

PROFIT! :friends:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: How to Record Gameplay Videos in MAMEPlus!

Post by Hierophant » April 27th, 2011, 4:59 am

Hmmm... I dunno why having Stereo Mix enabled in the PC is a problem for some people. It's always been there on my XP. Thanks for the info!

:hello:

EDIT: The above info by samael302 actually came in handy when I got a new PC with Windows 7. Thanks again!

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Re: Recommended Games Discussion

Post by eliaskeme » May 10th, 2011, 10:00 am

Hiero Edit: Some posts marked "Re: Recommended Games Discussion" moved over here to the Recording thread.
Hierophant wrote:Nice play! You know, I forgot how crazy some of the music is in MS5 until I watched your vid, especially that part in the tunnels. Wicked!
The music in the beginning (and in how-to) is awesome!! The music in the temple is just....well you said it: WICKED!!! However did you notice the sound delay in the end of the video?? I made another video with the playback input but after the end of the mission (at the part it says "You're great" it says "You're grea...") the sound desync begins. I'll try to directly record AVI output (hopefully like MS3 there'll be lag in the beginning only) and see.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » May 12th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Fixed. There was a desync with the direct recording in the end (where the natives scream) so I cut it off. However till the end of Mission 1 it is perfect (You're greaT it says now). I replaced the old with the new video now.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 14th, 2011, 2:59 am

No, I guess I didn't notice any audio desync at the end of the original cut. Not sure what woulda caused it but you probably coulda fixed it fairly easily in Vegas.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » May 14th, 2011, 5:51 am

There was in the very end, when the "mask" fall the sound started after it fell. When the natives threw their spears their screams started and and they passed out after the thundershock, the sound of the thunder falling was heard. So I cut it till the end of the mission.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » May 14th, 2011, 10:16 am

In Vegas, you can ungroup the audio track from the video, split it at the desync, and make small adjustments to get the audio back in sync.