How to Record Gameplay Videos in MAMEPlus!

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: How to Record Gameplay Videos in MAMEPlus!

Post by Hierophant » March 2nd, 2014, 7:56 pm

Glad you got it figured out, Max. One strange thing to report, though: I was testing The Punisher for you while my internet was down and I couldn't get it to desynch, even if I tried. I played well past stage 3 a few times to make sure I checked it properly, so I dunno what's going on with yours. Maybe something to do with the MAME version? I was testing it on 0.119.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » March 4th, 2014, 12:01 am

Thanks a lot for spending time on this issue Hiero.
Its so odd what you're telling me, maybe it's because of the mame version as you stated.
For recording I use MAME Plus!1.4.5, wich uses MAME 0.133... Maybe I should change it for the one you are using?
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » March 4th, 2014, 1:36 am

I don't think it's worth building up a 0.119 rom set just for that, Max, unless you're gonna play MAME online. You learned something about nvram in the meantime, so now you're able to fix input playback desynching for yourself in the version that you already have set up.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 29th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Hierophant wrote:If I find out whether or not there's an option to turn the motion blur off in Vegas I'll still post it.
Damn, it took such a long time, but I recently did find out how to fix the nasty default motion blur in Sony Vegas. I'm kicking myself at how simple the solution is:

Right click video media in timeline > Switches > Disable Resample

Apparently, having Smart Resample on by default is Vegas's friendly way of trying to automatically help sort out any problems with mismatched frame rates. I never would've guessed that the Resampling section had the option I was looking for all along. I tried all kinds of searches back then to do with motion blur, but it was fruitless. I guess that the info has slowly become more widespread over the intervening years as more gamers have become aware of it. Hopefully, this will help a few more of you out there.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 2nd, 2018, 1:19 am

I've just added a new tutorial related to MAME gameplay recording. It's regarding post-processing in VirtualDub of recordings with weird output.

MAME AVI Recording Clean Up in VirtualDub - http://www.mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 142#p18142