New to MAME, Troubles with Crosshair

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Rerabox

New to MAME, Troubles with Crosshair

Post by Rerabox » October 25th, 2017, 12:40 am

Alright, so I just download MAMEUI cause regular MAME was eh. But I am having a problem with it on UI as I did with just MAME. I downloaded Carnevil because that game was something I played alot at Arcades when I was younger. The only problem though is that it seems like my crosshair and gun shots don't line up correctly. I have checked the FAQ but Q9 just says that if you have knowledge of the Tab menu, I should have no problem. I don't want to break anything and I already have it set up so my mouse can be used to control the crosshair, I just need help with the shooting.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

CarnEvil Gun Calibration

Post by Hierophant » October 30th, 2017, 5:39 pm

Go to the game's Service Menu to calibrate the guns. This is quoted from MAMEDev:
MAMEDev wrote:
"CarnEvil

GUN CALIBRATION - Use F2 to enter Service mode. When the "Carnevil Main Menu" comes up, use the volume keys [ - ] and [ = ] to navigate yourself to the second option "Gun Calibration", then press F2
to select.
Follow the on-screen cues, aiming Left Top and Lower Left for each gun,
shooting at the X targets. When complete, navigate to "Exit" in the
menu, them press F2 to exit Service mode and return to the game."
Here is a video of what that looks like:

Carnevil - How to Calibrate Gun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1Svef7WWY

In the video the guy exits after calibrating Player 1 only. At about 10 seconds, the game's onscreen info indicates that the Credit button exits Gun Calibration.