Board index MAME Help New to MAME, Troubles with Crosshair

New to MAME, Troubles with Crosshair

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Post October 25th, 2017, 12:40 am
Rerabox New Member

Alright, so I just download MAMEUI cause regular MAME was eh. But I am having a problem with it on UI as I did with just MAME. I downloaded Carnevil because that game was something I played alot at Arcades when I was younger. The only problem though is that it seems like my crosshair and gun shots don't line up correctly. I have checked the FAQ but Q9 just says that if you have knowledge of the Tab menu, I should have no problem. I don't want to break anything and I already have it set up so my mouse can be used to control the crosshair, I just need help with the shooting.

Post October 30th, 2017, 5:39 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Go to the game's Service Menu to calibrate the guns. This is quoted from MAMEDev:

MAMEDev wrote:

"CarnEvil

GUN CALIBRATION - Use F2 to enter Service mode. When the "Carnevil Main Menu" comes up, use the volume keys [ - ] and [ = ] to navigate yourself to the second option "Gun Calibration", then press F2
to select.
Follow the on-screen cues, aiming Left Top and Lower Left for each gun,
shooting at the X targets. When complete, navigate to "Exit" in the
menu, them press F2 to exit Service mode and return to the game."

Here is a video of what that looks like:

Carnevil - How to Calibrate Gun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1Svef7WWY

In the video the guy exits after calibrating Player 1 only. At about 10 seconds, the game's onscreen info indicates that the Credit button exits Gun Calibration.

Return to MAME Help

Google+