Board index MAME Help games crashing mameuifx 175.1

games crashing mameuifx 175.1

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Post January 30th, 2017, 5:46 pm
ld17 Gamer
Gamer

Hi Guys, I had all working roms and when I went to play metal slug the game crashed mame. I thought it was weird because it was working before. So I tried metal slug 2,3,4,5,6,x and they all crash mame but they all worked. There are a few other games that crash mame. Did an audit and the rom is complete. Any ideas? I also removed the roms and reinstalled and still crashing. I even tried in mame 174,175 and still crashing. Thanks for any help.

Post January 31st, 2017, 4:24 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That is a weird problem you got there, ld17. I have MAMEUIFX 0.175, too. I'll check mine and get back to you.

Post January 31st, 2017, 8:05 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I tried all of the working Metal Slugs and a few other random titles. No crashes here.

First off, pick an affected game and delete any of its existing cfg, diff, ini, and nvram files from the relevant folders then try to run it. Failing that, delete mame.ini and try again. You can always keep backups of files for deletion if you're worried about losing settings in case the deleting process doesn't end up fixing the problem.

Post February 7th, 2017, 6:23 pm
ld17 Gamer
Gamer

Ok I had to delete the mame.ini file and then the metal slug games worked again. Thank you. What does the mame.ini file do?

Post February 8th, 2017, 6:20 pm
ld17 Gamer
Gamer

ok I thought I had the problem solved. When I went to reconfig mame settings and if I check of enable cheats the metal slug games crash mame again. If I uncheck it the games don't crash? Any ideas. Thanks

Post February 9th, 2017, 1:24 am
PantherUK User avatar

I had that issue before with a few games when the cheats were on by default after installation of MAME, so I turn them off... If there's a game I want to see all the way through that I'm not very good at yet, I just pump it full of credits...

Post February 9th, 2017, 2:44 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Look inside the mame.ini file and you'll see that it stores a pile of general MAME settings. If it's not present then a default one will get created from scratch whenever MAME is run.

Are you using this cheat file?

XML Cheat Collection for MAME 0.174 (Release Date: 19th June 2016) - http://cheat.retrogames.com/download/cheat0174.zip

That is the closest version to 0.175 currently available.

Return to MAME Help

Google+