Board index Arcade Cabinets and More! Selecting a Frontend

Selecting a Frontend

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Post January 1st, 2017, 10:47 pm
PantherUK User avatar

I've hit a bit of a snag with BigBox on my cabinet, there's no real vertical themes... This makes it a bit out of scale on my monitor, if I had the time I'd create a theme myself... On the plus side, using the Launchbox side of things will make it easier than loading 10+ emulators individually...

Post January 2nd, 2017, 1:36 pm
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

What kind of setup do you have to have a need for vertical themes? Is it for like a double screen like a pinball setup or the type of monitor or what? I wonder if you could use an editor and do a reverse widescreen type of video with existing vids. Rather than a black screen you could do what modern arcade games do on consoles and use faded banners to decorate both sides. Some work to do but less than making whole new videos. Not sure kinda wondering about your setup now. Have you asked about that in emumovies or Launchbox forums? I'll use my lifetime account later and look for vertical videos.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Post January 2nd, 2017, 7:11 pm
PantherUK User avatar

Check out the later parts of my build here...

Post January 19th, 2017, 10:59 am
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I looked and looked and didn't find anything. I'm gonna find out if they can work on this issue through Emumovies and LaunchBox forums when I get around to it. I'd try to get a different monitor because you'll have ore compatibility and more videos for your setup. Why do you use that monitor again Panther?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Post January 20th, 2017, 1:23 am
PantherUK User avatar

I used it because a friend gave it to me when he upgraded his monitor and it is a vastly better monitor than what was there originally... It's actually a pretty expensive screen and the picture quality is superb... Nearly everything works just fine and for horizontal games it's just a touch bigger than what was in there before... Vertical shooters are sublime on it...

There is a thread on the Launchbox forums, and someone is working on it... :thumbsup:

Post January 20th, 2017, 8:42 am
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Wow bro seriously?! Thats great news for all of our cabinet builders. May need a post on that in a separate thread once they get done with a link to their post. I hope I can buold a cabinet one day. I may just start looking t what I want my dream list nd y it piece by piece.

Post January 23rd, 2017, 7:24 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

This is the best of both worlds right here.
This is what I intend to do with my next build.

Post January 24th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

What need would you have for that aside from shooters Incito? I guess I shouldn't talk, I thought it would be cool to have one of those double monitor setups for any pinball games. In fact, I think you might have been the one to post that vid.

Post January 25th, 2017, 1:38 pm
I like Bigbox the best. Easy to use, smooth

Post January 25th, 2017, 4:29 pm
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Welcome Coppermouse! That was my assessment recently to choose BigBox. I just hope they dont die out like Hyperspin and keep making improvements. If they can apply easy to setup frontend with the level of customization, this will likely be the best frontend for me. I will be setting up my friends to have a system as well and ease of use as long as it can do what I want is ideal!

PreviousNext

Return to Arcade Cabinets and More!

Google+