It's OK to be a noob here.

For introductions and personal topics.
CoinOp

Re: It's OK to be a noob here.

Post by CoinOp » November 10th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I'm a MAME Addicts neophyte, but I've been using MAME for a long time. I'm just trying to catch up since a LOT of my old ROMs won't work with the new versions of MAME. It looks like I'll have to work on getting all of my NEO GEO in working order. This place seems like a great repository for researching all that stuff.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » November 11th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Welcome!
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

CaptainNeo
Favorite Game: Tutankam

Post by CaptainNeo » February 11th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Brand new to the forums. Just got back into mame after taking a 10 year break. Everything is totally new and have hardly any clue what i'm doing. Seems with the new MAME's about 60% of my ROMs seem to work anymore. Last year I bought a Virtual Pin that uses Hyperspin. Which I love. Just got the X-Arcade stick for it, and now expanding it as an arcade as well. Excellent way to conserve space in the gameroom. But still a Pinball collector for the most part. This board seems to be the best source and most social of the ones out there. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Pinball collector, restorer and player.

drterror666
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme
Favorite Game: Wardner

Post by drterror666 » February 15th, 2013, 10:23 am

I'm partly a MAME noob. I had MAME on my PC a l-o-n-g time ago, but the whole dial up thing made downloading games frustrating. My weapon of choice back then was MAME32, although now I'm using IV/Play, which is by the same people. I only play on my PC, I haven't got into the whole cabinet thing as yet.

Oh, and now we have these CHD things!!! I downloaded the Carnevil CHD's 'tother day, so I'll be giving that a go soon.

Anyway, hope to post more on the forum :smile:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 17th, 2013, 12:09 am

G'day to CaptainNeo and drterror666 :hello:

Good to see you both getting back into MAME. I hope we can help get you back up to speed with everything.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 18th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Welcome to the fold. :tongue:

Derg
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Derg » March 11th, 2013, 11:13 am

I'm a mame noob!!! Glad to find this site. I'll be scouring it as I am new and looking for information on roms and what not. Purchased an 81 Spiders cabinet a couple weeks back. this thing is mint however I would like to convert it to a mame machine.

elbows8

Post by elbows8 » July 15th, 2013, 11:15 pm

hello,
noob here..
i would like to say thank you to all the people who spend there free time preserving all the games from yesteryear.
started looking for info on playing pacman on my laptop, ended up putting plans together for a cocktail cabinet..
i have plenty of questions and pics to post.... the build started but not complete.. as far as me, carpenter i am not. when it comes to pc's i can get on the internet, that about somes it up.. i have done a ton of research on the internet, would like to share my cocktail build for dummies on this site...
thanks again
tony

DeeJayTai
Favorite Game: Mat Mania

Post by DeeJayTai » November 6th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Hi, all. Not exactly a noob here, but far from a pro. Already had my cab for about 2 years. My 1st dive into MAME resulted in a big headache and much confusion. Then I learned from YouTube. My desire to play "Mat Mania" is what made me interested in MAME from the start. My 17 year old son is also amazed at how many video games he missed because of his age! I bought a pre-cut cab kit online, next cab (for the garage) will be 100% built from the ground up!!

g5rry

Post by g5rry » February 24th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Hi
I'm new to the forum, had a go at making a cab pictures posted on another post.