Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: It's OK to be a noob here.

Post by Hierophant » August 13th, 2010, 2:18 am

G'day :hello:

Yeah, I posted about that modular MAME cab place here a while back:

http://www.mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =142&p=811

I'd say it's a worthy goal to aim for a setup like that.

imasmf

Post by imasmf » August 17th, 2010, 12:13 am

Hi, I got the email about posting or being deleted so I got my butt over here. I set up MAME awhile back, downloaded all of my favorite games from the 80's and then had to get back to real life (which suxx in comparison!) Glad I got this little reminder as life has been rough lately and I could use a good night of nostalgic gaming!

I do need to catch back up, I got a new computer with windows 7 and a couple of my games dont seem to work very well now so hoping theres some tricks around to fix that issue :) Thanks for getting me back here!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » August 17th, 2010, 12:17 am

G'day :hello:

Dunno wassup with Win7, I'm still on XP. Maybe some of the other guys here will have some helpful info.

DrgnSprt5

Post by DrgnSprt5 » January 8th, 2011, 11:39 am

Hello! It's good to be a noob! OK, not really, but we all have to start somewhere. I for one am a noob, though, I plan on changing that once I have a more stable source of income and can dive head first into my first Mame build. I just thought I would pop into the forum and say hi as I am sure I will be needing some assistance in the future.

wildduck

Post by wildduck » January 8th, 2011, 5:12 pm

I am a NOOBie and have always been reluctant to post, but here goes. I have been a fan on MAME and own many Jammaboards and ROM sets, but alas making a living got in the way of fun. I am hoping to get back to this this year. Anyway hello and I look forward to picking the brains of some of the experts here.

Happy New Year

Wildduck

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » January 8th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Hello and welcome! :hello:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

ayrton2727

Post by ayrton2727 » January 9th, 2011, 12:47 am

Incito wrote:Is it me, or do new member not like using this thread? It's OK to be noob here, I was a noob once.....nobody is born knowing everything about MAME, so let us know you joined. and don't be afriad to ask for help. That is what this forum is about!
:D
Thanks for being nice to the new guys.

dabigjeepover

Post by dabigjeepover » January 9th, 2011, 9:45 am

hello< another noob here, i have several actual arcade cabinets but have never dabbled in the art of mame! i have no idea where to begin but i do have a non working cabinet and a spare working computer so i figure it is a good start. Any help on the rest would be greatly appreciated. thanks, jay

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » January 9th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Hello to all the new members!

@dabigjeepover

There are several great Tutorials on youtube in regards to building your own cabinet. If you are new to mame read and learn as much as you can about it. There are a ton of different versions of MAME. I would also recommend that you check out our MAME FAQ as it will answer many beginner questions you might have.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=286

As you run along and learn about mame feel free to ask questions. If someone is able to the help they will share the answer ASAP.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

beldub

Post by beldub » January 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Thanks will be dropping by more often. I have gotten great help here already. Anyone have a saturn /pc magic/joy box convertor for sale by any chance? None to be found on ebay :help: