Board index The Lobby Edit button ?

Edit button ?

For introductions and personal topics.
Post September 21st, 2015, 5:34 am
Voljega Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Well as you maybe noticed I do my fair share of typing errors and usually correct them with the edit button.

Why is there no edit button for our previous messages in the forum ? is it a bug or what ?

Post September 21st, 2015, 12:34 pm
jyarrison Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

You don't have the ability to edit your posts until you reach the Gold Skull level
JY

Post September 21st, 2015, 3:00 pm
Mame Addict Supreme

OK well I guess I'll have to wait until I'm a grown up then :wink:

Post September 21st, 2015, 5:04 pm
PantherUK User avatar

Or at least use the preview before you smash down on the submit button... :wink:

Seriously though, if you really make a mess of a post, post it again asking one of us to delete the original, and we'll sort it out mate...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post September 21st, 2015, 7:58 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Registration and Posting Information

Hierophant wrote:

After submission, you get 30 minutes to delete your post if you decide to do so.

I'm sure Incito has good reason for building the site the way he did. I've never really questioned his wisdom on the topic. It does make sense from an administrative standpoint, though.

Say there are no mods around and a fight breaks out between hypothetical members, Billy and Jimmy. Billy gets upset and storms off to cool down. Meanwhile, Jimmy, who in fact started the ruckus, sneakily edits his posts to play down his role in the drama. A mod eventually comes along, sees an unrealistic representation of events, and starts winding up the ban hammer for poor old Billy. Not a good scenario for him.

Anyway, Voljega, if any existing typos are really bothering you then you're welcome to PM me the corrections for a fix up. Or, much easier, you can just grant me permission to go through your existing posts and make minor corrections as I see fit. I'm a pretty finicky typist, so no worries there.

Post September 22nd, 2015, 12:37 am
Mame Addict Supreme

Yep it's just I'm not used to this mechanism but it makes perfect sense from an admin side I agree.

Oh yeah you're welcome to correct my typos if you want but sure I'll try to use the preview button more !

Post September 22nd, 2015, 12:46 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

OK, mate, consider it done. :V:

Return to The Lobby

Google+