Board index The Lobby Guten Tag from Germany

Guten Tag from Germany

For introductions and personal topics.
Post September 11th, 2015, 9:10 am
raumich New Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.
I'm from Germany and I hope my english will be at least understandable since english isn't my mother language.

I just bought myself a Raspberry Pie and installed Recalbox OS on it. Recalbox is an OS made for emulating various game consoles and arcade machines as you probably know. Therefore it also includes an emulator for MAME.

During my search for information about the various MAME versions etc. I stumbled over this forum and fell in love with it. While I was reading several post I saw screenshots from some old games that were emulated by MAME. Games from my childhood (I'm 43) I already forgot about. That was the point I decided to dive deeper into the MAME-Universe and I hope I will get answers to my questions here and probably can help others when I am more experienced myself.

Maybe there are some people here that also using Recalbox or Retro Pie on their Raspberry but I think I also will test MAME on my home PC since the Recalbox thing will be limited to an old version/ROM-Set for MAME and I haven't found out yet, if its possible to downgrade newer ROMS to make them compatible to an older emulator version.

Post September 11th, 2015, 11:12 am
PantherUK User avatar

Welcome to Mameaddicts mate, your English is much better than my German so no worries there... Someone should have an answer to most questions you might ask so feel free to do so...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post September 11th, 2015, 1:00 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

Welcome to MA.
I have used Retro Pi. I happen to attain the proper romset at the time, but this link may help you out. http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3326

Post September 11th, 2015, 1:39 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

Hello and Welcome
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post September 14th, 2015, 5:35 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

G'day, mate. :hello:

Thanks for the love. Greetings from Australia! :love:

Post September 14th, 2015, 7:51 pm
eidesign User avatar
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Welcome to the Forum from one noob to another.

Post September 16th, 2015, 5:47 am
Voljega Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Welcome !

Yeah this is a nice forum, and I think you'll find the answers to all your questions there, I myself just subscribed to it and was able to mount a nice full set on my PC with a not so old version of MAME.

Since you seem to use Recalbox and I was on the verge on trying it, is it easy to configure and use without to much bugs or user-unfriendly configurations ? I'm thrilled by the technical marvel that it represents but I do not want to pay too much euros for something which would be a pain in the @!#?@! to configure and use...

Return to The Lobby

Google+